47. A Second Chance

[•Ferit's POV•]

I was watching TV when the box caught my attention. 

When I visited the hospital, they had cleaned dad's room and put all his stuff into a carton. I turned off the TV and placed it on my lap. Idris' camera was there in it along with a few cards, plastic flowers, and my father's glasses.  

I took the camera and the glasses out. He wore classic old-school glasses, it had a golden rim and a few scratches on the lens. My mother's magazine was also there and as I took that out, I noticed something shining just below it. As I was about to see what it was, I heard the doorbell. I headed downstairs to see who it was, and got the shock of my life.

I stared at her in silence. She stared back and gave a faint smile. "Good evening" she said, but I didn't reply. "Burçu? What are you doing here?" I asked with a frown, "I came here as soon as I knew about Tahir uncle. My condolences, I am very sorry" she said. "How did you know?" "Edric called me" she said, "I really am sorry" "Thanks..." I said casually trying to be polite.

"Burçu, why did you really come here?" I asked again, "I told you. I heard about your father last night, and I immediately booked a flight. I came here straight from the airport, I didn't even call abi" she said. "Can I come inside?" she asked. I was really confused, did she really come all the way from England to say she's sorry? How could I trust her again?

But then my dad's words ringed in my head. Maybe, she did change. "Uhh... Okay" I said. She smiled and came in, and I closed the door behind me. We went to the living room and she sat on the couch opposite to me. She gave me a warm smile, "Thank you for letting me in" she said, and I nodded. "Ferit, you know, I never expected everything to turn out like this" she said.

 "Ferit, you know, I never expected everything to turn out like this" she said

"I mean, present and our past" she said. "But it did" I replied coldly. "Sometimes people make mistakes and wish to go back in time and change it. I feel the same now" she said. I stared at her in disbelief. She was trying to sway me now, "Everyone feels that, but not everyone deserves it" I replied."You are right... like always" she said. The way Burçu talked made it sure that she wanted something from me. "Burçu tell me what you want clearly" I said. 

She sat a lot closer to me, and looked into my eyes. "A chance..." "I thought so" I replied and got up. She was the most shameless woman I'd ever met, more like careless knowing her. She never cared about what others thought about her behavior but was very cautious of her appearance.

"I asked you a million times why you did it that night, but you never answered me" I said facing her, "Ferit it was an accident, I've turned over a new leaf" she said, "Trust me, this one last time" "Is this why you really came here?" I asked, "No dear, I came because I cared, I really do. Also, I wanted to know how the others are doing" she said.

"It's been so long since I saw Idris, how is he?" she asked, so she did remember her nephew... "He is fine. He's at my mother's now" I said, "Your mother? Aygün?" I nodded, "So, did you both make-up?" she asked, as curious as always. "No, but Idris is with her tonight" "I badly want to see him. Will you take me there?" she asked.