42. Fight And Fervour

[•Nuri's POV•]

I hired a taxi and I kept thinking about what I did. Ferit bey lost nearly half of his company because of me, and I felt like the guiltiest person in the world. He would surely get mad at me, and I didn't want to upset him. The way he looked at me would change, he would be so disappointed...

I didn't wanna tell him about the file, but I had to. I got out of the taxi and took a deep breath. I walked into the building and the atmosphere seemed pretty gloomy, just a few people were around, I wondered what had happened. There was a scary silence and thankfully, I saw Miss Nazmiya coming down the stairs at that time.

"Miss Nazmiya...?" "Nuri? What are you doing here?" she asked, "I came to meet Ferit bey, is he here now?" I asked, "He went home after the funeral" she said and sighed, "The Funeral?" I asked, "Oh... You didn't know? Tahir bey passed away last night" she said and I stood there in shock.

"Tahir bey? L- Last night?" she nodded, "H- How did it h- happen?" I asked, my voice was trembling. "The employees said that it was a natural death but only Ferit bey knows about it" she said. "Where did you say he was?" "He went home" she repeated. "I will meet him there, thanks" I said and left the place.

Ferit bey must be devastated right now. How can I not know about this?! Of course, the 'screen time' rule. I wonder how the others are doing... Idris, Çihan, Aygün hanim and Özgür, but Ferit bey would be the worst hit. I remembered Aylin telling me that he had a sad backstory, but I felt that his life was worsening by the minute.

×××

I looked up at the sky from the window as it had started raining. It was very hot during the day and I never expected it to rain so much. The driver halted the car in front of Malik who was holding a huge umbrella. "Who is it?" he asked and I lowered my window, "It's me, Nuri" "Miss Nuri? What are you doing here at this hour?" he asked.

"I came to meet Ferit bey" "But he isn't home, he left some time ago and asked me to return home" said Malik. "He left? Do you know where he went?" "I am not sure but there is a place where he goes sometimes, a club" he said. 

Of course, out of all the places in the world he chose a club! 

"Do you know the address?" I asked. "No... but the name is something like Illatin or Tillion or something. I am not sure" he said, "Is it Tilalion?" asked the driver, "You know it sir?" "Yes, it's the one near the beach" he said. "Yeah that's the one I think, he must be there probably" said Malik, "Thank you" I said and asked the driver to take me there.

×××

It was raining heavily and I dashed towards the door of the club. It was a luxurious place but dim. I still can't believe I thought of doing this. The place was slightly similar to Deren's bar but it had tables and couches. My hair was pretty wet and so was my jacket, Ferit bey could have gone to the beach, a park, or at least stayed home, but no! he chose to come here.

The crowds were thick and the music was harsh. There was no dance floor but everyone was dancing and the same nauseating scent of alcohol ran into my nostrils. I began searching from table to table but I couldn't find him anywhere. Soon at the far end of the crowd, I spotted a lonely table.

I guessed that the man sitting there might be Ferit bey. I went a bit closer and watched, my guess was right. There was a liquor bottle in front of him and he was drinking lavishly. I had no idea why he thought drinking was the best way to compete with sorrow. He sipped his glass and gazed up at the roof.

He looked worn out and exhausted more than ever. The last time I remember seeing him like this was the first time I met him, but tonight he looked depressed than ever and I felt responsible to help him. His coat was lying by his side and as he was about to pour another glass, I went and stood in front of him. He didn't look up until he filled the glass.