46. The Threat

[•Edric's POV•]

I was really angry at Demir abi, I could've stayed there and taken Nuri home, or could have at least told Ferit abi about the file, but he had to call me at the exact moment! I stopped in front of the company, and abi was waiting outside. "How long will you make me wait?" he asked as he got in. "Abi, why did you even call me?" I asked back annoyed.

"Burçu's flight will arrive early, and my car is at the service" he replied, I sighed and drove to the airport. On our way I remembered about the file, "Abi, did you make Nuri take a file from Özgür abi's house?" I asked him directly. He stared at me, "Because of that file, you got half of Ferit's company" Abi didn't reply but blinked.

"Who told you all this?" he asked me, "Nuri, who else? That girl is really angry with you. You lied to her" I said. "Edric, to live you have to lie" "But why did you do it to her?" I repeated. "Edric, I helped her. I promised her money, she agreed and stole that file. She herself came to me" he said, but I didn't believe him. 

"Does anyone else know about this?" he asked seriously, "How can I know? She told me. Ferit abi doesn't know, but I will tell him" I said, "Are you mad! Nobody should know about this, especially not Ferit!" he yelled and raised his finger, "Nuri will tell him one day" I shrugged and he glared at me. 

[•Demir's POV•]

Rage and regret were flowing through my mind. How the hell did that girl know what the file was about?! To make matters worse, she was going to tell Ferit. I needed to talk to her about it fast. "Edric, listen to me. How many people know about this? Was there someone with Nuri when she told you?" I asked him again.

"Well, Yeşim was there... Abi, don't you dare do anything to them" He warned suddenly. "Oh come on Edric, you made me the villain here. I will just call Nuri and ask her to keep this a secret. By the way, who is Yeşim?" I asked, "Her roommate, Özgür's girlfriend" he said. At that time I remembered her picture from his laptop, but I never expected her to be Nuri's roommate. 

×××

"She will be out in a few minutes" I said, and Edric nodded. "Abi, do you think she changed her hair color again this month? Or her tan?" asked Edric and chuckled, even I laughed. "Ah! She's here" I said and he turned his gaze towards the door. Like Edric guessed, she changed her hair color. She was a brunette but now she was blonde, but her tan remained pale and gorgeous.

She saw the both of us and gave her casual smile, "My beautiful sister has arrived!" I said and hugged her, "Abla hoşgeldin" said Edric and kissed her cheeks and hugged her too, "Thank you dear" she replied. "How was the flight?" I asked, "It was pretty fine" "Good, so let's have lunch then?" I asked. "Sure, I'm starving" said Edric and the three of us went to a nearby restaurant in Edric's car.

We sat down at the table and ordered lavishly, "So, how is business here? Investments?" she asked. "It's pretty great, recently we got a huge share" "Really? Whose?" she asked back. "Ferit's" I said and she was suddenly taken aback, "Ferit? You mean Ferit Aras? Abi, you got the share of Martı teknolojileri?!" She asked.

"Yup" I replied, "But how?" "We got hold of a file, that was pretty important to them, and now 41% is ours" I said with a smirk. "So, did you steal their file?" "Oh come on Burçu. It is their fault that thy lost their file, and fortunately we got it" I replied. "How?" "One of their associates helped us... That's all you have to know" I replied, Edric was glaring at me the whole time.

"Demir please don't get into trouble again" she said and I shook my head. "Eh? You where silent the whole time" she said and turned to Edric, "Me? Nah... Nothing much is going on" replied Edric. "Hmm... What about Aylin? How is she?" asked Burçu. "They broke up" I said and Edric leaned back annoyed.