45. Heart-warming

[Nuri's POV]

"Edric? Merhaba, Hoşgeldin" I said, though I was surprised to see him. I was mad at his brother for deceiving me, and also at him for leaving Aylin. "Nuri I cooled the tea" said Yeşim from the kitchen, "I'm coming Yeşim" I replied and turned back to him. "I wanted to talk to you" he said, "Me too, but I actually wanted to talk to your brother" I said, and he made a confused face.

At that time, Yeşim appeared from the kitchen, "Ah Edric, Hoşgeldin. Come on in" she said and I glared at her. Edric probably knew everything about the file, after all Demir was his brother. "Thanks" he replied and sat on the couch. "I'll bring you some warm tea" said Yeşim and smiled at him. What was she doing? She's serving the enemy...

"Nuri, what do you wanna talk with my brother?" he asked and I gave a sharp reply, "Don't pretend" and he gave me an even more confused stare. "Nuri what are you talking about?" he asked, "I know that you know what Demir made me do" I said and crossed my arms. He got up from the couch and made a worried face.

"Nuri I have no idea what you are talking about, what did Demir abi do?" "He made me steal that USB from Özgür's place, and because of that Ferit bey lost nearly half his company. Edric don't lie to me" I said coldly and Edric's jaw dropped. "Nuri I swear I never knew about it" he said. Yeşim was attentively listening to us, "Didn't Demir tell you anything about it?" she asked.

"No, he never said a word. I am so sorry, but why did he chose you or why did you even agree to it?" he asked, and again, I was forced to tell the whole story related to Jaleel, my parents, the breakfast with Demir and the 'fetching', "So abi lied to you?" I nodded, "You didn't know that Demir got Ferit's company?" asked Yeşim. "No, he never told me anything, I am so sorry you had to do all that, I really am" he said turning to me. 

Yeşim smiled at him, "Now don't think about it, drink your tea" she said. "Ellerine sağlık" he said and smiled, "Thanks" I replied. "But does Ferit abi know you took that file?" he asked, "No... But I have to tell him" I sighed, "Hmm... Why don't you?" he asked again. "After Tahir bey's death Ferit bey is already devastated, so I need to wait before I tell him" I said.

 [Edric's POV]

"Tahir uncle was pretty special for everybody, especially Ferit" I said, "Yes... but anyways, what did you want to talk to me about?" asked Nuri. "Oh, uh... I called you last night, but you didn't pick up" "Oh... My phone was switched off, but how did you get my number?" she asked. She was already pretty angry at my brother, so I had to lie to her, "Uhh... You yourself gave it to me that night..." I said.

She made a confused face, "Oh, did I? I am pretty forgetful..." she said and laughed. Thankfully she didn't guess my lie. She then looked up at the clock, "Oh, I need to leave now" and got up from the couch, "I need to meet Idris, it's been so long since I saw him" she said, "I can drop you there, even I've not seen him for a long time" I said.

She was about to reject me but then Yeşim saved me, "That's a great idea! Nuri would love to come" she said and Nuri gave her a quick glare, "Then I will wait downstairs" I said joyfully and got up, "Okay..." she replied and went to her room. 

×××

"I didn't know about it until yesterday evening" she said, "Oh... I am sorry to hear that. So you couldn't go to the funeral?" "No..." she sighed. "But did you meet Ferit abi after you found out?" I asked, "Uh... No. It was raining pretty heavily so I couldn't meet him in the evening, so I went to meet him in the morning. He said I could go back home" she replied.

She slightly panicked when she replied, but it was probably because she was sad she couldn't go to the funeral, "I can take you to Tahir uncle's grave, if you want" I said and she stared at me, her eyes were sad but happy, "Yes... I want to go there" she replied and I nodded. The rest of the car ride was passed in silence.