44. Suspicion

[•Demir's POV•]

I was sure that I would go mad, "How the hell did it fall there!?" I yelled at Yusef, "Demir bey, calm down, it must have gotten lose or something" he said. My head was literally smoking, "Calm down? Yusef, if Ferit finds my watch in his father's room, he will surely recognize it! He has eyes like a hawk's!" I yelled again.

At that time, Leila came down the stairs, "Demir, what are you doing? Why are you yelling so early in the morning?" she asked, "Uhh... Yusef messed up a few of our shipments" I lied and Yusef played along. "Go and deal with them" I said turning back to him, he nodded and left us alone. "You shouldn't yell at him like that" she said.

"Yeah yeah... come here" I said, "You look nice" "Nice?" she asked back, I laughed. "Mrs. Fariz, you are the most beautiful woman in the world" "That's more like it" she said and chuckled. "So where are you going?" I asked her, "Ferit's company, then our company" "Both the companies are our companies" I said. "You are right, but I think we could have gone to the funeral" she said.

She said the same thing yesterday and I sighed, "We don't have to" "We should, Ferit is an arrogant guy but his father is slightly better. Moreover, what will others think?" She asked. She always bothered about what others thought about her, "Edric went there, and that was more than enough" I said strictly. "Fine... By the way, when is Burçu coming?" she asked.

"She will reach here in the evening" "Hmm... Good, then I will leave now. See you later dear" she said and gave me a soft kiss before leaving. I went outdoors to find Yusef, I had to get my watch back at any cost. Yusef was talking to somebody over the phone when I appeared. "Demir bey, one of our men searched his room today morning and he said he didn't find anything there" said Yusef.

"Nothing?" "They cleaned the whole room... Maybe they didn't notice anything or you couldn't have lost it at the hospital" he said, maybe he was right. "Hmm... But if I did lose it there, then I need a new one" I said. "But Demir bey, it might take a few days" he said, "A few days? I might get arrested within a few days!" I yelled, throwing my hands in the air.

"Demir bey, your watch was exported from Spain. It will take a few days to get the same model to avoid suspicion" he said and I sighed. "Tamam, but make it as quick as possible" and he nodded.

[Ferit's POV]

I stopped the car in front of her apartment and turned towards her, "Thank you for dropping me back" she said, I smiled at her and placed my palm on her hand. I was braver when I was with her "I should thank you for what you did last night" I said and she looked at my eyes, I gazed back. "As you said, I won't drink again when I am sad, don't worry" I said and she chuckled.

She was the only one who could make me smile when things got rough, and I gazed at her as she walked back to her apartment giving me a last glance. After she went back in, I started my car and drove towards the hospital. Aylin called me on my way, "Aylin?" "Ah Ferit, I heard about Tahir uncle yesterday so I called. I am so sorry I couldn't be there, my condolences" she said.

"Thanks Aylin, it was unexpected for everybody" I said with a sigh, "But how did it happen?" "The doctors said that after taking the sedative or something, dad had breathing difficulty. They used fancy medical terms but literally, they said that he went out of breath" I said, "Hmm... That's strange. When I met him that day morning, he was pretty healthy" she said.

"Even I thought so" "Such side effects couldn't have affected him... He was weak but not that much, it wouldn't have had an effect on him. I actually thought that he was recovering" she said, "So it's not because of the medicine?" I asked her, "I don't think so... They don't give strong sedatives to such patients, so there are less chances for side effects" she said.