37. Relationships

[•Nuri's POV•]

He didn't look away, and I constantly felt that churning feeling in my tummy, which usually came before taking risks, but this time there was a warmth in that feeling, a heat. I liked this dance but it also seemed slightly wrong. He was smiling at me and I was gazing at him, but before it got more obvious, "I... I think we should go back... They will be worried" I said.

He paused and gave a slight nod, but he didn't stop smiling and we went back inside in silence. It felt like a long time had passed. Fatoş gave me a curious glance and Ferit bey went near Çihan. "Where did you both go?" she asked, "Uh... Umm... I will tell you later" I said, "Hmm... okay" she said and gave me a sly grin.

I glanced at Ferit bey who was looking at me from the counter and sipped his glass, I quickly turned my gaze back, when Yeşim and the others returned from the dance floor. Thankfully, they didn't notice my absence, "Nuri you haven't been on the dance floor... That's so sad" said Yeşim, I shrugged, this much dancing is more than enough for one night.

Yeşim was well drunk and she handed Aylin a glass and spoke, "It's good for you and delicious too, it has pineapple in it" she said. "No thank you. I think I've had more than enough for tonight. Moreover, I am already a bad example for us doctors" she said and laughed, "Are you a doctor?" I asked, "Yeah... My hospital is actually outside town, my leave ends today, so I will return tomorrow" she said and smiled. 

"Girls, it is getting late, I have to pack a few more things before I leave tomorrow" said Deren. At that time, Ferit bey and the others came to our table too, "Yeşim, are you ok?" asked Özgür, "I feel pretty sleepy" she said, "Then lets all head back home" said Özgür. "Abi is right... How will you girls go back?" asked Ferit bey turning to us.

"I came with Edric so we can head back home together" said Aylin, "Uh... oh... okay" said Edric and Ferit bey nodded. "Ferit, I need to go to the company" said Çihan, "Now? why?" asked Özgür, "There are a few files I need to get from there before the meeting tomorrow morning. Tomorrow's meeting will be at my home, so I won't be able to get it then" he said.

"Hmm... I can leave you there at the company" said Fatoş and I gave her a sharp glance. "But Fatoş hanim, how will the others go back then?" he asked, "Umm...." "I can leave them home if they'd like" said Ferit bey, I glanced at him and he stared back at me, "That's better then, thank you Fatoş" said Çihan and smiled at her, and she smiled back.

"Abi, what about you?" asked Ferit bey, turning to Özgür, "I am pretty hungry, so I will get a bite first and then head back, don't worry about me, I'll take a taxi" he said, "Okay. then let's leave then" said Çihan, and Edric turned to me. "See you later Nuri, Good night" he said and beamed at me, "You too" I replied and smiled, "Let's go" said Ferit bey getting kinda impatient.

×××

I was sitting in the front and Yeşim was at the back with Deren, Ferit bey halted the car in front of our apartment, "Thank you" said Deren as she got out and helped Yeşim out with her, "Should I help?" I asked her, "No... it's fine" she replied and walked towards the door with Yeşim. I tried removing my seat belt, but what perfect timing and the stupid thing won't budge.

"Have a safe trip tomorrow" said Ferit bey, "Thanks, Good night Ferit bey" replied Deren, he nodded and turned to me. I haven't talked with him after the dance and the heat in me didn't die yet. He stared at me trying to figure out what I was doing, I was pulling the belt and pressing the button but no effect.

He removed his own belt and moved closer to me. Our faces inches apart, "You got used to this?" he said with a smirk and a red tan flew into my cheeks when he removed the seatbelt, slightly brushing past my hand, which sent fireworks through me. "Thanks... For the belt... and for dropping us here tonight" I mumbled. "Your welcome, it was a beautiful night" he said and smiled, warmer than ever.