- one : return

* ignore spelling / grammar mistakes pls ☹︎

+ pls don't say any slurs (r slur, n slur, f slur) idc if you can/are allowed to say it, don't put it in my comment section. thank you *

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"You got everything?" Her father, Shin, said as he looked at Makoto's luggage. Her grip on the handle tightened as she nodded, trying to keep a neutral expression. Her father's expression twisted slightly as he clenched his jaw tightly. "You'll be good, right? If you cause any trouble for your mother, I'll-"

"I know." Makoto replied, giving the male a brief nod that left them both in awkward silence. Before she could think of anything else to say to him, she heard the speakers call out for passengers to quickly get in line to board the airplane. "Ah...I, uh, should get going."

Her father nodded curtly, silently to tell her to go. She turned on her heels, ready to leave. A mere thought of saying goodbye made her turn back around to face him, only to find him walking away with his phone pressed to his ear.

"See you around then, father."

With that, Makoto boarded the plane and was off to Miyagi where she'd be spending her days with her mother, brother and sister.

The long flight was shortened by a nap that lasted the entire flight. By the time she woke up, the plane was already beginning to land.

Makoto glanced out the window, admiring the scenery. It's pretty nice here.

After getting off the plane and retrieving her luggage, she walked over to the airport exit to find her mother, brother and sister who were waiting nearby.

"Makoto!!" Her name came from three different people, surprising the female who had yet to see who it was. Spinning on her heels, her eyes widened when she saw a fast-moving orange blob heading towards her. "Makoto!!!!"

Three pairs of arms wrapped around her body, engulfing her in a warm hug that made her body relax. The warmth of these welcoming arms made her legs go weak and nearly brought out some tears in her eyes.

"We missed you so much!!" Her mother exclaimed, tearing up as she cupped Makoto's cheeks with shaky hands.

"I missed you so much, Makoto!" Hinata cried as he threw his arms around her neck, hugging her tightly.

Natsu clung to Makoto's leg, whining loudly. "You never visited me once, Nee-chan!"

Makoto felt genuine tears fall from her eyes as she grabbed all three of them, pulling them into her arms. "I'm sorry...I-I missed you guys too. So much."

After their heartfelt reunion, they hurried into their mother's car and sped off in the direction of their house. Natsu was attached to Makoto the entire way there, but the older female didn't mind.

"You are a lot different than I expected, Makoto!" Hinata exclaimed as he scooted towards her, bumping shoulders with the female who sat between him and Natsu. Noticing her puzzled expression, he continued, "You're much taller than I expected. How tall are you?"

"172cm. (5'7.8ft)" Makoto replied, reaching up to ruffle Hinata's fluffy orange haired. "Soft."

"You also have black hair." Hinata pointed out, grabbing a lock of her black hair that was slightly longer than his. "Ooo, it's very soft."

"My school told me to dye it because they thought it wasn't my normal hair color." Makoto answered, playing with a piece of her hair. Natsu was quick to grab some strands, playing with it gently.