- three : practice

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"Stop following me, shrimpy." The blond muttered as he eyed Makoto curtly. His hands sat in his pockets as he leisurely strolled down the hall towards the exit to get to the gym.

Makoto glanced around, "Who's following you?" She retorted innocently.

Yamaguchi stifled a laugh, seeing as Makoto had been doing this all day.

After their brief exchange before class, Makoto had coincidentally been seated beside Tsukishima (she finally found out his name after class). Being the complete opposite of what he imagined her to be, he found her just as annoying.

Based on their short talk earlier and the fact that she was related to Hinata, he assumed she was some spunky little idiot with a bit of a bratty attitude and no brains. He found out quickly that he was incorrect because she turned out to be a very diligent student. Her personality was quite appealing to her classmates, seeing as she was polite yet knew how to joke around and be friendly. In those moments, she really did resemble her brother.

Though, her personality usually shifted when got around Tsukishima to adapt to his snarky comments and curt behavior. That's what made her annoying.

Nothing he said affected her.

That's annoying. Tsukishima thought as he huffed, rolling his eyes at Makoto who followed alongside him.

"I heard Shoyo's pretty good at volleyball. Tobi-kun too." Makoto said as she peeked over at Yamaguchi and Tsukishima who had different reactions.

Yamaguchi shot her an awkward smile, "Y-Yeah..."

"That shrimp sucks." Tsukishima said flatly, eyeing Makoto for a reaction similar to her brother's. He only felt more annoyed when she shrugged.

"Ah, that's fine too. I'm not expecting him to be some crazy pro volleyball player." She shoved her hands in her pockets. "He's probably good in his own way."

Tsukishima glanced off to the side, Well, she's not wrong, I guess, but still. Tsukishima thought as he curtly lifted his shoulders to shrug. "Yeah, yeah."

Yamaguchi slid the gym door open, entering the gym with Tsukishima and Makoto begins him.

"Pardon my intrusion." Makoto greeted as she bowed politely, making eye contact with a silver haired male who approached her. "Hello."

"Hi, there! I'm Sugawara Koushi! Hinata told me you'd be coming! You're Makoto, right?" The silver haired male smiled warmly, making Makoto feel slightly tingly inside. Feels like an Angel just welcomed me into heaven.

"Ah, yes, I am. It's nice to meet you, Sugawara-senpai." Makoto bowed once more, earning a snicker from Tsukishima.

"There goes miss goody two shoes with her incessant politeness." He muttered, brushing past the female who merely glanced at him.

"Maybe you could learn something from her, you gangly bastard." Kageyama muttered as he bumped shoulders with Tsukishima.

The blond quirked a brow at Kageyama, smiling sardonically. "Oh? It's quite laughable that the King wants to talk to me about politeness." He retorted with a scoff.

"Hah?"

"Anyway," Makoto started, turning to Suga who was exasperated with Kageyama and Tsukishima bickering. "Do you know where my brother is? I want to talk to him before I head home."