- twenty-four : game

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"I care that my sister that I haven't seen for ten years is leaving me again! What will I do without you now?"

"S-Shōyō." Makoto stuttered as she reached out, feeling tears prick her eyes at his words. The male pushed aside his anger, wrapping his sister in a tight embrace as she allowed her feelings to overflow. "I don't wanna leave you either. I don't wanna go."

Hinata felt his eyes sting as he heard her cries. He could tell that her going back to Okinawa was not her choice. If anything, it was clear that Makoto wanted to stay here in Miyagi.

"I'm sorry."

After a bit of talking and explaining, Hinata and Makoto re-entered the cafeteria with neutral expressions. She returned to her seat, running a hand down her face. "Sorry. We talked it out, and we're okay now."

Bokuto fiddled with his hands, "I'm..sorry, Makoto. I didn't mean to tell everyone..." The male apologized, frowning slightly. He genuinely felt bad after being rebuked by Akaashi for his actions.

"It's alright, Bokuto-senpai-" Makoto grimaced, knowing she had messed up based on the look that crossed Akaashi's face.

"Hey, hey, hey!!"

Bokuto would not shut up about being called senpai after this.

[ t i m e   s k i p ]

Makoto sat beside Hinata with a lollipop in her hand. Sitting crossed-legged, she awaited the other males' return so they could begin their game.

After a depressing mood earlier over Makoto's inevitable departure, Kuroo suggested that they play King's Game in one of the rooms to lighten the mood.

Gathering up in Nekoma's room, everyone waited for one another to begin the game that would change things today.

"So you're really leaving, huh?" Kageyama said as he sat down beside Makoto, frowning slightly. "If we hold you hostage, will they forget about you?"

"Uh, no?" Makoto chuckled softly, amused by Kageyama's small 'joke.' "I appreciate the thought, but my father's crazy rich, so he'll probably send the police."

"Alright, pick a stick!" Kuroo exclaimed as he whipped out a cup full of popsicle sticks. He went around the room, allowing everyone to pull one stick from the bunch.

Makoto took the closest one, inspecting the number on the end. 11. Hmm.

Kuroo returned to his seat and held his stick. Glancing around the room, he rose an eyebrow, "Who's the King?"

Akaashi rose his hand, showing the King stick. He tapped his chin, trying to pick two numbers and an action.

"Uh, nine and thirteen. Hug."

Instantly, Hinata and Kenma stood up, looking surprised. Kenma looked pleased when Hinata shuffled over to him, wrapping his arms around the older boy's body.

"Damn, I'm jealous." Kuroo muttered as he watched Kenma and Hinata hug.

They continued to play the game until Kuroo became king. Smirking slightly, he picked two random numbers from the top of his head. "Eleven and seven. Kiss."

Makoto rose her hand, showing the stick had eleven written on it. When she awaited for the other person, she was shocked to see Tsukishima lazily raise his hand.

Kuroo smirked to himself, thankful he chose the correct numbers this time. He had been plotting this from the very beginning.

Makoto swallowed thickly, crawling over to Tsukishima who remained neutral. Sitting in front of him, a million thoughts raced through her mind. Is this okay? Does my breath smell good? What if he dislikes it? I don't know how to kiss. This is embarrassing. I don't know if I can do it. What if I-

"Hurry up, lovebirds. We don't have all night." Kuroo said with a snicker. He found it quite amusing how neither of them made any moves to go for it.

"Do we have to do it out here?" Makoto asked with a raised eyebrow, earning a cheeky smile from Kuroo.

"Yup."

Shitty rooster bitch. Makoto thought as she turned back to Tsukishima, flustered down to the pits of her soul. Though, it didn't seem to show on her face.

Looking Tsukishima in the eyes, she felt her body slightly melt when she began drown in those honey eyes.

"Sorry." Makoto said as she reached up, grabbing Tsukishima's cheeks gently. As their lips neared, she hesitated for a moment and nearly drew back.

Tsukishima's hand came up behind her head, pushing her towards him. Her eyes went wide as their lips collided, eliciting quiet gasps from others in the room.

Makoto's heart exploded as her stomach was overrun with butterflies on crack. Her face heated up bright red as she kissed him, feeling his soft lips against hers for the first time. Her hands became sweaty, slipping away from his face to grip the material of her shorts.

When they pulled away, Tsukishima searched her eyes for a moment before standing up and heading towards the door. "I'm going to sleep."

The door shut, leaving everyone in silence. They all glanced at Makoto who was rigid in her spot. They all yelped when Makoto fell over like a log.

"She's dead?!?"

"This is Kuro's fault." Kenma said as he leaned against Kuroo, watching Makoto with a small frown. "You killed her."

"What? Kenma, that's rude. I'm just trying to help them." Kuroo whined, wrapping his arms around the younger male.

"I don't think they need help. They'll figure things out on their own." Kenma refuted, settling into Kuroo's arms comfortably. "But I guess a little push can't hurt."

"I wasn't expecting him to go for it first." Kuroo admitted, watching Yachi and Yamaguchi try revive the female. "I also wasn't expecting him to leave afterwards either."

"Makoto probably didn't expect it either." Kenma said as he watched Makoto her tucked into someone's bed to rest.

Makoto buried her face into the blanket, internally screaming. Her body wouldn't calm down, continuously recalling the kiss that would set her body ablaze.

The back of her head was hot, creating the sensation of his hand from earlier. Her lips tingled, reminiscing the feel of his soft pink lips against hers.

Her head was in disarray after experiencing her first kiss with the first guy she ever liked.

A part of her was a bit sad since Tsukishima had left the room in such a hurry. Did he like dislike it?

Little did she know, he was out in the hall having a internal meltdown over his first kiss with the first girl he had ever taken interest in.

My head's a mess.

[ a/n : I've been feeling like this book hasn't had enough...spice so i decided to finally let them have a bit of skinship (◕∀◕ ) ]