- five : nekoma

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"Makoto, do you have everything?" Hinata called out as he zipped up his bag, slinging it over his shoulder. He peeked his head into Makoto's room, spotting the female laying on her bedroom floor face-down. "Makoto?! What happened?!"

Makoto turned her head, glancing up at Hinata. "I fell. I'm too lazy to get up now."

"C'mon," Hinata chuckled, bending down to her height to give her hand. "We gotta get going!"

Makoto allowed Hinata to pull her off the floor and onto her feet. "Okay, I'm ready."

Both Hinata's exited the room, making their way over to the door to put on their shoes. They were excitedly wished farewell by their little sister who was bubbly, as always.

"I can't wait for you to meet Kenma! He's a setter and he's a genius! He's so cool! He likes video games! He says he doesn't really love volleyball, but I think he does! I'm gonna make sure he loves volleyball before he leaves high school!" Hinata exclaimed, leaving Makoto a bit stunned.

That was a lot of exclamations. She thought with a small smile. She shoved her hands in her pocket, smiling over at Hinata. "He sounds like a good guy. I hope he and I can be friends."

"I hope so too! I really like Kenma!"

Makoto wiggled an eyebrow at Hinata, taking his words in a different way than he intended.

"NO! Not that like that! It's different!" Hinata quickly exclaimed, turning flustered by her silent suggestions.

"Different from your like for Kageyama?" Makoto asked, raising her eyebrow at the male who was turning pink.

"WHAT?!"

"I was kidding, but I guess I figured out something new." Makoto said as she chuckled at the male who was having a gay panic beside her.

"I-Is it weird?" Hinata questioned reluctantly, looking at Makoto's expression that remained neutral.

"Nah," She shook her head softly. "I support you no matter what. I love you, and nothing will change because you like an overgrown blueberry with a milk addiction."

Hinata covered his mouth, stifling a laugh at her words. Despite that, his heart warmed from her words. "Thanks, Makoto. It means a lot to me."

"Of course." Makoto mumbled, throwing an arm around Hinata's shoulder while ruffling his hair with the other. "Shit. We better hurry."

[ t i m e s k i p ]

Makoto stood on the side with her eyes trained on the clipboard in front of her. The sound of the volleyball hitting the ground and shoes squeaking on the floor filled her ears like background noise; it was soothing.

"Aren't you supposed to be doing your job, manager?" Tsukishima's familiar voice filled her ears, blocking out all the other sounds that she had gotten used to.

Seeing his digits grasp the top of the clipboard, she allowed her eyes to linger on his slender fingers before darting upwards up meet his eyes. She watched him weakly pull the clipboard from her hand, tucking it under his arm.

"I am doing my job." Makoto answered, pulling a towel from her back pocket and extending it towards Tsukishima. He accepted it, wiping his face while inspecting what she had been writing on the piece of paper attached to her board.

"You're just drawing me in a dinosaur costume." Tsukishima deadpanned, spinning the board around to flash her the dumb doodle of the blond in a pencil-colored dinosaur suit with a small note that said 'green' on the side. "Doing your job, my foot."

Makoto chuckled, pointing at the doodle. "You're a Saltysaurus-Rex. Cool, right?"

Tsukishima gave her a wry laugh. "Ha-ha, so funny."

"I know, right." She grinned to herself, walking off to help out with the team who was taking a short break in between sets. "You can keep it, if you want."

"Tch, hell no." Tsukishima muttered, rolling his eyes at the female who chortled with self-satisfaction. As she redirected her attention onto her brother and Kageyama, Tsukishima glanced back down at the stupid drawing. After a fleeting thought of crumpling it up and throwing it away, he found himself folding the small paper up and placing it in his pocket. So stupid.

"Hey, Kenma." Makoto said as she took a seat beside the two-toned haired male. He shifted slightly, glancing at Makoto out of the corner of his eyes. "Still on level 32?"

The male stiffly nodded, a bit annoyed by the fact that he couldn't pass this level.

"I think you have search the room to find the key to escape." Makoto explained, pointing at the room that had been giving off subtle hints.

Kenma quickly did as told, finding the key within the room and exiting to move onto the next level. "..How..."

Makoto answered his incoming question, "My friend used to play that game too. I played it once, but I suck at those kinds of games." She shrugged softly, gently bumping shoulders with Kenma who, for once, didn't shy away from the contact.

"What kind of games do you play?" Kenma asked quietly, pulling his knees towards his chest. He fiddled with his switch, feeling somewhat giddy to talk to someone about video games for once.

Makoto grinned at Kenma. "Racing games or fighting games." She rested her cheek on her knees that were pulled into his chest like his. "Though, I do play animal crossing a lot these days."

Upon hearing the game title, Kenma slightly brightened. It almost made Makoto jump with surprise.

"I like animal crossing too." Kenma mumbled, returning to his quiet state as he quickly loaded up the game on his switch. "I made myself, Shōyō and..."

Seeing as how Kenma trailed off, she leaned over and saw the animal crossing character that sat within the screen. A small smirk crossed her lips as she wiggled an eyebrow at Kenma. "Ara~ You got Kuroo-senpai in there too, huh?"

Kenma pursed his lips slightly, quickly exiting the game to avoid being exposed any further. His cheeks tinged pink as he avoided Makoto's eyes to evade her knowing looks.

"Aww, you're so cute, Kenma." Makoto giggled, ruffling the male's hair softly. He didn't say anything, simply grunted with embarrassment.

As those two spoke, the captain of Nekoma walked over to the blond, patting his shoulder softly. "Why don't you call your girlfriend over?"

Tsukishima glanced at Kuroo, nearly rolling his eyes at the male who had his true words written on his expression. It said 'tell your girlfriend to leave my boyfriend alone right now >:(' or something like that. "Why don't you call your boyfriend? Besides, she's not my girlfriend."

"She's not??" Kuroo's eyes actually widened with genuine surprise at his words. "I seriously thought you guys were dating. My bad."

Tsukishima recoiled, flashing a look of pure distaste. "I can't even begin to fathom why you'd ever think I'd date that nitwit." He muttered flatly, earning a small chuckle from the older male.

"You never know," Kuroo shrugged with amusement. "You might end up liking that same 'nitwit' someday."

Tsukishima shifted his eyes over to Makoto, gazing at the female who was busy talking to Kenma. "There's no-"

As if she knew he was staring, Makoto looked up and met his eyes. His expression subtly shifted, going unnoticed by everyone around him. She shot him a lazy grin, giving him a quick piece sign before returning her attention to Kenma.

"-way." Tsukishima finished, failing to notice the smug smirk Kuroo wore as he observed the first year.

There's no way I'd fall for her...