- four : projects

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

A few days passed, and Makoto was beginning to settle into the school well. Things were going quite smoothly.

The world seemed to be on Makoto's side when they decided her fate when it came to the upcoming English project.

"Ah, Hinata-san," The teacher said as he gently tapped her desk. She glanced up at him, smiling politely to show that she was listening. "Since you started school recently, I'm gonna put you in a group with two others, okay? It'll be easier that way."

Makoto nodded, "That's fine. Thank you, sensei." She said softly.

"You're going to work with Tsukishima-san and Yamaguchi-san." The moment those words left his mouth, Makoto could feel a small smirk grace her lips as she glanced to the left of her.

Tsukishima was already looking at her with a dreadful expression that had 'go away' written all over it. It made Makoto snicker slightly.

"Okay, thank you." Makoto smiled, turning to Tsukishima who rested his chin on his hand that was propped up on the desk. "So, guess we're working on this project together, huh, Kei?"

His eyebrow twitched slightly at the use of his given name, "Don't call me that, shrimpy." He muttered, emphasizing the last word.

Makoto rolled her eyes playfully. "Are we seriously gonna repeat this conversation?"

Tsukishima pauses, recalling the conversation that had just yesterday.

"It's the shrimp again." Tsukishima mumbled as he entered the gym, finding Makoto leaning on the wall beside the door. He slid the door shut, standing beside Makoto who simply stared at him.

"It's Tsukki." She pointed a finger at him, recalling the cute nickname Yamaguchi used for such a giant uncute male.

Tsukishima wrinkled his nose with disgust, "Don't call me that, shorty. It's disgusting." He shuddered, not liking how that nickname rolled off her tongue. It sounded so...gross.

"Fine then, how's your day going, Kei?" She questioned calmly, making Tsukishima slightly jump with surprise. "Kei's a really nice name. You're pretty lucky, Kei."

Makoto side-glanced Tsukishima, feeling her mouth slightly part with surprise when she saw the pink hue on his cheeks. Even his ears are pink...

He quickly lifted a hand, pressing it to her face to shove her backwards. Her back gently hit the wall, forcing her against the flat surface with her face stuck in Tsukishima's hand.

"Don't call me that, idiot."

Makoto wiggled an eyebrow at Tsukishima who scowled, recalling the scene from yesterday that left him angry for the rest of yesterday.

"Do whatever you want."

Yamaguchi sat down in front of Tsukishima; his eyes darted between Makoto and his blond friend. "U-Uh, Makoto-san, do you know what we're doing?"

With a swift shake of the head, she leaned forward. "Fill me in, please. I wanna help as much as I can."

Yamaguchi swallowed thickly, quickly looking down when her gaze became very strong. She's so intimidating.

"So basically, we're...." Yamaguchi went on, explaining everything in detail about the project they were set to work on. He was surprised to see how intrigued Makoto was, seeing as this topic was extremely boring.