- thirty-three : heart

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"Could we...go somewhere later? Just us." Tsukishima whispered calmly, allowing his eyes to flicker over to her face to see her expression. He searched for any hint of disgust or disapproval towards the idea.

"Sure." Makoto grinned softly, unintentionally soothing the internal panic he was having. "When everyone splits later, I'll wait for you."

Makoto rocked on her heels as she stood at the end of the dark street. Her cold hands were stuffed in her pockets, keeping them a bit warmer for now. Her jaw was taut, clenching and unclenching whenever a gust of cold wind blew by. Where is that sack of salt?

The female jumped lightly when she heard footsteps form behind. Turning around, she came face to face with Tsukishima who rose an eyebrow at her. "Ah, y-yo. You scared me."

"Skittish much?" Tsukishima chuckled, walking slowly to match pace with Makoto. She took this time to admire his appearance.

He was dressed in some long pants and a jacket with a long sleeve underneath. His hands were tucked away in his pocket, being careful of his bandaged fingers. For once, there were no headphones hanging around his neck, which moderately surprised Makoto. His eyes were slightly thinned as his eyebrows furrowed with a fraught look on his face. Makoto also noticed how the male chewed his bottom lip while deep in thought.

Makoto pursed her lips, "Penny for your thoughts?" She murmured quizzically with a cocked brow.

Tsukishima's eyes darted in her direction, meeting her green eyes that were full of encouragement. He could pretty much feel how much she wanted to know what he was thinking.

"Nah."

"Well, shit." Makoto mumbled with a quiet chuckle. Turning her attention up to the stars, she gasped softly. "Gwah, the stars look so nice."

Tsukishima glanced up, taking in the scenery of the sky above. The dark blue sky was littered with a million starts that shined, illuminating so brightly down on them.

"I wanna ride a star." Makoto mumbled absentmindedly as her eyes scanned the sky.

Tsukishima turned to her with knitted brows. "Huh?"

She pointed up at a star that was shining the brightest. "Actually, I wanna eat it 'cause I might get a power-up like in Mario Kart. Then I can speed around like a road racer."

Tsukishima blinked at her once, then twice, before guffawing with amusement.

"You're laughing too much." Makoto whined with pink cheeks, slightly embarrassed for being laughed at by him.

"No, it's because you're stupid." He snickered, wooing his eyes with his good hand. "Ah, that was too funny."

Rolling her eyes playfully, Makoto noticed how Tsukishima's arm would occasionally brush against hers. Smiling cheekily, she turned to the blond, "So what'd you invite me out here for?"

The blond turned to her, raising an eyebrow at the female who didn't wait for his answer.

"Is it 'cause you missed me?" She cooed playfully, tittering softly. "Just kiddi-"

"Yeah, I did."

Makkto's head snapped in Tsukishima's direction, meeting his golden eyes. When she was greeted by a serious expression, she waited for a moment for a smirk to grace his lips. When it never came, her eyes widened. "You did?"

Tsukishima nodded awkwardly, growing embarrassed from saying it to her face.

"Wait, what? How? Why? Who? Who are you?" Makoto asked incredulously, pointing a finger at Tsukishima who rolled his eyes.

"Shut up." Tsukishima said as he grabbed her hand, putting it down. He sighed deeply, readjusting his glasses that rested on the bridge of his nose. "Just shut up, and don't say anything."

Makoto opened her mouth to say something but stopped herself when she saw the pointed look on Tsukishima's face.

He fiddled with his hands, visibly nervous, which made Makoto even more nervous. He gulped anxiously, looking to meet Makoto's eyes.

"When you came to Karasuno, I thought you were just some hot-headed brat like your brother." Tsukishima said with a small roll of the eyes. "Turns out, you were level-headed and witty, which was probably more annoying than I would've thought."

Makoto pouted, narrowing her eyes at Tsukishima. What is this, a one-sided insult battle?

"But," Makoto perked up upon hearing the conjunction that would hopefully lead to a positive opposing statement. "You were interesting, I guess."

Tsukishima shrugged lightly, rocking on his heels to try and soothe the jitters. "You were annoyingly witty and I wanted to see if I could push your buttons, which I never could. Somehow, I found myself wanting to be near your annoying self."

Makoto blinked with surprise, not expecting to hear that from him.

"Then your friend from Okinawa came along and it started messing with my head. I really thought you were gonna tell us you were in love with him." Tsukishima chuckled bitterly, disliking the thought of that. He could tell Makoto did too because of the way her nose wrinkled. "I told you this at the game, but your dumbass didn't understand me, so I'll say it again."

Makoto rose her brows at him.

His ears burned bright red as his cheeks tinged pink. With lips curled into a small, flustered scowl, he repeated his words audibly.

"I love you."

There was a short silence that dragged out into a very long silence. This sent Tsukishima into internal panic mode.

The sound of Makoto's clothes rustling made his eyes snap up to her, noticing how she was mouthing her words.

"Just talk." Tsukishima said with a irritated roll of the eyes. Is she trying to be funny at a time like this?

"Oh, I can talk?"

"Yes, why wouldn't you?"

"You said not to talk! So I didn't talk!"

"That was so I could confess without you interrupting!"

"Well, how was I supposed to know that?!"

"I don't know. I thought you were that much of a dumbass."

"Well, you're dating this dumbass now, so get used to it!"

"Fin- Wait what?"

The blond was tackled in a hug by Makoto who giggled lightly. He landed on the grass with his arm around Makoto, keeping her head away from the ground. "What the hell was that?"

Makoto placed her hands on either sides of Tsukishima's head, using them to push herself up as she slightly straddled the male.

Tsukishima was left feeling completely enamored. The moon shined down from behind, creating a beautiful backlight on her. Her cheeks were dusted a bright red color along with a blush that crept up from her neck to her ears. Her soft pink lips were fixed in a grin that went from ear to ear. The sweet, angelic laugh that left her lips made his heart do somersaults.

"I love you too, Kei!"

Makoto felt the familiar warmth on the back of her head as Tsukishima's hand pulled her head downwards. Their eyes fluttered closed as their lips connected, eliciting a fire in their hearts that had been yearning for this.

Tsukishima's hands gently raked through Makoto's hair, bringing her closer as her body relaxed on top of him. Her hands rested on his cheeks, gradually making its way to Tsukishima's blond hair.

The raven haired female slowly pulled to catch her breath for a second. Her emerald eyes darted down to his lips then up to his eyes as she licked her own lips. Both leaned in again, connecting their mouths once more.

I love you.

[ a/n : YALL WE FINALLY GOT SOME SMOOCHES!!! ITS A LONG AWAITED CHAPTER ACK! tsukimako ship has sailed ( 'ω') ]