- twenty-three : issues

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

Seeing as the Tokyo training camp had arrived, everyone began to grow more anxious and tense.

After the first part of the training camp, Karasuno seemed to feel like they were falling into a pit of tar and were unable to escape.

The helplessness resides in Makoto the most. Her distance from the team was becoming more suspicious as she began growing more and more distraught everyday.

"Are you okay, Makoto-chan?" Shimizu asked as she tapped the female's shoulder. Makoto glanced up at the upperclassman and smiled reassuringly.

"Yeah, thanks for asking. How are you today?" Makoto asked, standing up straighter to stand beside the female.

The older female smiled, "I'm doing alright. Hitoka-chan's been a bit worried about your cheek. Do you need ice?" Shimizu asked softly, grazing the back of her hand against Makoto's discolored cheek.

"Ah, I'm okay. It's just a small bruise."

"I'm so sorry, Makoto! I'm so sorryyyy!!!" Yachi exclaimed as she got on the floor in dogeza position to apologize. "I should've stopped them before you got hurt!"

Yachi tried to get Kageyama and Hinata to stop, worried that they'd end up injuring one another badly. Due to her soft-spoken nature, she was unable to stop them on her own.

Spotting Makoto outside the door, she alerted the female of what was happening and Makoto tried to stop them while Yachi went to find Tanaka.

Since Tanaka was taking a bit long, Makoto intervened, and it did not end well.

Makoto shoved the two of them aside, watching as they went around her and began fighting again.

"Oi-"

The sound of skin hitting skin made both Kageyama and Hinata freeze. Tanaka and Yachi who stood by the door were rooted in their spot, unable to move as they saw the sight before them.

Makoto held her mouth, catching the blood that spilled from her lips. Her back faced the males, making them worry for what her face looked like.

When she spun around, everyone knew hell was about to be brought to earth.

"Makoto-"

Picking Kageyama up like a ragdoll, she used his weight to flip him on his ass. Hinata got the same treatment for acting like a dumbass along with Kageyama.

"Makoto-chan, are you okay?"

The males got a big scolding from Makoto who was too busy being angry to notice the blood that was beginning to stain her shirt.

Makoto smiled, waving at Yachi. "I just got a cut on the inside of my mouth when I got hit. I'm okay. Thank you for worrying."

Checking the time, Makoto was quick to get back on her foot and get moving. "I agreed to help serve food tonight, so I'll be off now. I'll see you guys after supper."

Both females waved Makoto goodbye, not noticing how multiple pairs of eyes watched at she left.

A certain pair of honey-colored eyes had been trained on her all day.

[ t i m e s k i p ]

"Hey, hey, hey!" A voice greeted as someone dropped their tray in front of her. Makoto glanced up, spotting Bokuto Koutarou from Fukurodani sitting across from her with Akaashi Keiji at his side.

A few more males took a seat around her, staring at her with an expectant look.

"Uh, yes?" Makoto answered awkwardly, unsure of why everyone was focused on her right now.

"You're Hinata's sister, right? Makoto, yeah?" Bokuto asked as he grinned down at Makoto who nodded. "I'm Bokuto Koutarou! This is my setter, Akaashi!"

"Hello." Akaashi greeted with a small bow that Makoto returned.

"I heard you used to live in Okinawa! How cool!" Bokuto beamed, genuinely amazed by the fact that she used to live there.

"Yeah, I lived there with my dad since I was five. I came back this year." Makoto explained, feeling slightly happier as she spoke to these males. She kind of forgot about her problems when she spoke with them.

"You know me." Kuroo said with a cheeky grin as he leaned over the table. A silver haired male beside him smiled, flashing his green eyes at Makoto. "And this is Lev."

"You have nice eyes, Makoto-chan!" Lev exclaimed, pointing at his own eyes that were of the same color. "We match!"

Makoto smiled, "Seems we do."

"Anyways, I just found out that you can play volleyball." Kuroo said with a quirked eyebrow. "You should've joined us for practice earlier if you're so good."

"Yeah! We could've used you someone like you on our team!" Bokuto exclaimed, recalling how they had a bit of extra practice with Kuroo and a few others. "Practice with us for the rest of the week! We're always in the third gym!"

Makoto smiled softly, "Sure, but I can't join you on the last day."

"Ehhh, why?" Bokuto asked, pouting like a child when he heard that.

"Don't tell anyone, but I have to leave early because I'm moving back to Okinawa." Makoto admitted, making Bokuto gasp loudly. "I haven't told Karasuno ye-"

"YOU'RE MOVING BACK TO OKINAWA?!?"

Bokuto's shout rang through the entire cafeteria, catching the attention of Karasuno who sat nearby.

Makoto face-palmed, sighing softly as the older male recomposed himself and whispered it once more.

"Bokuto-san, your shouting was very uncalled for." Akaashi scolded lightly, giving the male a flat look that made Bokuto shrivel up.

"Maybe we should give you guys some space, yeah?" Kuroo said as he noticed Hinata approaching. Makoto quickly shook her head, standing up from her spot.

"We'll talk outside." Makoto said as she kept her eyes on the floor, pretending not to notice the eyes that burned holes into her. Shit. This isn't how I wanted them to find out.

Makoto stood outside the cafeteria with Hinata. He leaned against the wall, staring at the ground as his jaw flexed in a tensile manner.

"When were you gonna tell me?" Hinata asked abruptly, meeting Makoto's eyes with a hard glare. When Makoto struggled to answer, he reiterated his question a bit more curtly. "When were you going to tell me that you were leaving me again?"

"C'mon, Sho, please don't be mad at me." Makoto said as she frowned, taking a step towards her brother. "I just found out not even two days ago. You were having your own problems, and I didn't want to burden you with this."

"I don't care, Makoto!" Hinata shouted, making everyone inside the cafeteria slightly jump. "I care that my sister that I haven't seen for ten years is leaving me again! What will I do without you now?"

"S-Shōyō."