- thirty-two : win

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

Makoto gripped the cold metal rails as she leaned forward. Her heart pounded with excitement as she watched the match from above.

Karasuno fought with all their might, doing everything they possibly could to keep the ball in the air.

Hinata didn't run, allowing himself to blend with the males who prepared for the synchronized attack. Shiratorizawa faltered for a moment, noticing that Hinata wasn't running forward yet.

Makoto leaned forward, filling with more and more anticipation as she watched the ball leave Kageyama's fingers. As everyone ran forward, she searched the court for who'd been the lucky one to deliver the final blow.

Hinata jumped from the back, swinging his arm with the intent to win. Spiking it into Shiratorizawa's side, it was received shoddily which led it to bouncing off their arm. Everyone watched in anticipation as the ball neared the floor.

When the ball hit the floor with an audible thud, the entire room went silent with shock. It wasn't long before the crowd erupted in cheers for Karasuno's win.

Makoto screamed, turning to Yachi to wrap the girl in a tight hug that nearly killed her. She jumped up and down, happy to see that her boys had actually won. When she let Yachi go, the raven haired female smiled softly and turned on her heels. "I'll be right back."

As Makoto exited the gymnasium, she arrived outside the building with her phone pressed to her ear. She chewed her bottom lip, sitting on the stairs while awaiting for someone to answer the phone.

"What?" Akihiro muttered as he answered Kichiro's house phone. "I'm guessing this is Makoto."

"They won." Makoto said with a soft smile and glassy eyes. "I don't even know why I'm crying. I'm just so happy."

Aki leaned back in his chair, slightly rolling his eyes at the female who sniffled into the phone. "You're crying 'cause you like those dweebs. Kinda rude considering you didn't cry over us when we won against the best team in our prefecture."

"Bitch, that's because I was in the match with you. Why would I cry?" Makoto said with a chuckle, recalling how they went up against the best team in the prefecture during junior high.

"Yeah, yeah. Just admit it. You like those dweeby crows more than us." Akihiro taunted jokingly, chuckling when Makoto stammered slightly.

"That's a secret I'll never tell." She giggled, wiping her eyes that were beginning to dry up.

"Tell your losers— well, winners— that we said congrats." Aki said with a small scoff. "Also, I no longer have a crush on you, so stop texting me about the group chat earlier."

"Okay." Makoto processed the words and jumped. "YOU HAD A CRUSH ON ME?!"

"Bye." With that, Akihiro hung you on Makoto who was still baffled by his words.

He had a crush on me? Makoto thought with a incredulous look on her face.

"Makoto, the award ceremony's gonna start soon." Yamaguchi said from behind the female, surprising her. Extending a hand out to her, he helped her off the ground. "Gwah!"

Makoto squeezed Yamaguchi tightly, making sure that she was expressing her happiness towards the male. "You did great today, Yamaguchi! Hitoka was so proud of you!"

Yamaguchi flushed bright red at the mention of his crush. "She was?"

"Yup," Makoto grinned brightly, patting his shoulder lightly. "Everyone was."

[ t i m e s k i p ]

Everyone in Karasuno currently inside Izakaya Osuwari. Inside the shop, they were seated at a large table with a bunch of food on the table.

Makoto held a bowl of food, finding an appropriate spot to put it down since a few males were asleep at the end of the table.

"Give it." Tsukishima muttered as he tried to reach for the bowl. Makoto quickly swiped it away, narrowing her eyes at the male.

"That's a no-no, Mr. Tsukishima. Your hand is messed up." Makoto said as she bent down, placing the bowl in the center of the table. As she turned on her heels to walk away, Tsukishima caught her by her wrist with his left hand. Makoto was yanked down, forced to sit beside the blond. "Hey-"

"Just eat." Tsukishima muttered, pushing a plate towards her.

Makoto cocked her to the side, examining Tsukishima's features for a moment. His lips were slightly curled into a frown and his eyebrows were furrowed, making him look visibly distraught. His ears tinged pink, but Makoto didn't think much of it.

"Okay." She didn't hesitate to start eating with the team, making sure not to leave anything on her plate.

"Makoto, what does Dad think of you being back?" Hinata questioned, blinking at the female who was really here. He still couldn't believe it.

Makoto shrugged softly, noticing how everyone's eyes flitted in her direction. "We talked last night, and I guess he changed his mind about everything."

Hinata 'ooh'd with delight, genuinely happy that their father understood how Makoto felt.

"Though, he told me to bring..." Makoto slowed to a stop, wondering if she should finish that sentence. When she saw everyone's curious glances, she continued, "Bring the guy from Miyagi that I like to Okinawa to meet Dad."

The majority of the team (who were aware of her crush on Tsukishima) smiled with delight as she lightly flushed pink.

The blond glanced in her direction, doing his absolute best to suppress the look of curiosity on his face. Although he never really questioned the female about her preexisting crush, he had assumed the crush was on Kichiro. But to hear that her crush resided in Miyagi, now that was a somewhat pleasant thing to hear.

"Enough about me." Makoto turned to Tsukishima, grinning brightly as she nudged him with her shoulder. "I still can't get over how cool you were today! You really did make me proud today, Kei."

The blond stared at Makoto, gradually melting into her emerald eyes that shined. Shaking his head lightly, he nodded and looked back down at his plate. "Mhm."

While everyone ate their food while engrossing themselves in a conversation, Makoto and Tsukishima sat there quietly.

The ravenette tried to think of something to say as she inhaled deeply in an attempt to calm her racing heart.

Lucky for her, Tsukishima spoke up first.

His voice was hushed as he slightly leaned in her direction, trying to be sly about this. He audibly swallowed, avoiding her curiosity-filled eyes.

"Could we...go somewhere later? Just us."

[ a/n : four chapters bc why not? ( 'ω') ]