- fourteen : mall

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"Bro, you're too stiff." Makoto said as she smacked Yamaguchi's shoulder, making the male stumble forward with a small yelp. She shot him a pointed look. "You look like you're smuggling drugs into an airport. Calm down."

Yamaguchi dragged a hand down his face, trying to calm down. It's not even a big secret yet I'm freaking out.

"Just follow me." Makoto said calmly as she slid the gym door open, greeting everyone as usual. When her eyes connected with Tsukishima's, she simply lifted a hand, "Yo."

Tsukishima rose an eyebrow at the two before shrugging it off. They're probably just being stupid.

"Just be natural." Makoto said to Yamaguchi before walking off to help Shimizu with anything she needed. "Good luck."

Much to their dismay, practice didn't end too quickly. Though, they made it out alive with their secret in tact.

"Tsukishima-san!!" The familiar high-pitched voice made Makoto and Yamaguchi grimace lightly. Turning in her direction, they saw the female running over to Tsukishima with her bag in hand. "Ready?"

Ready? Makoto thought with a raised eyebrow. When she saw the male nod and Muraoka link her arm with his, she felt annoyance fill her body. What..?

"Makoto, we're still on for tonight, right?" Yamaguchi asked loudly as Tsukishima and Muraoka walked nearby. The green haired male gave her a pointed look, silently telling her to go along with it.

"Ah, yeah. Let me grab my bag really quick." Makoto said as she ran up the stairs to retrieve her bag and returned. "Let's go. Where are we off to?"

"I was thinking the mall. A new bakery opened up there, so I've been wanting to try it." Yamaguchi answered as he walked past Tsukishima and Muraoka. "See you tomorrow, Tsukki!"

Makoto walked beside Yamaguchi, turning back to Tsukishima to flash him a polite smile. "See ya, Kei."

As the two walked away, Tsukishima's eyes were trained on the two. When he was pulled back into reality, he turned to Muraoka.

"Actually, there's a place I want to go today."

[ t i m e   s k i p ]

Makoto and Yamaguchi sat across from each other in a booth at the bakery that Yamaguchi had mentioned earlier. The air conditioning was cold, making both students strip of their jackets to enjoy the cool temperature.

"Okay, but this is amazing." Makoto said as she popped another forkful of cake into her mouth. She nearly moaned with delight when her tongue was graced with the amazing chocolate taste. "You are an absolute genius, Yams."

"Why thank you, Makoto." Yamaguchi chuckled softly, eating another bite of cake.

"So," Makoto pointed her fork at Yamaguchi. "Who do you like?"

"Straight to business, I see." Yamaguchi laughed nervously, wiping his mouth with a napkin. "Well, I...kinda have a crush on...Yachi-san from class 5."