- eighteen : suprise

* they have arrived *

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

"A practice match?" The team asked as they spotted Takeda walking in. For once, he wasn't disheveled and out-of-breath.

He nodded, waving a small paper around to show that he was serious. "Yes, they requested last minute and they are dead set on going against Karasuno."

"Hmm? Why?" Daichi asked with a raised eyebrow, genuinely curious as to why they want to go against Karasuno so bad.

Takeda shrugged, "They didn't say any specific reason why. They also asked to keep their school name a secret from everyone since they are very well known and don't like to bring attention."

"Hurrgnhhh?!?" Tanaka growled, making a weird 'threatening' expression. "They showing off or something?!?"

"Aha, no," Takeda started off sheepishly. "They are just very popular, so they don't want anyone to interrupt the match."

Everyone simply looked at each other, wondering who these hot shots were. If anything, it made Kageyama and Hinata want to beat them even more.

"We'll win tomorrow."

[ t i m e s k i p]

As Yachi and Shimizu began setting up chairs on the side, they were unaware of Makoto's whereabouts. She had walked off a few minutes ago to fill up some water bottles and never returned.

"Where's Makoto?!" Hinata shouted impatiently, wanting to talk to his sister about something before the practice match. He immediately jumped, clinging to Kageyama. "What if the man took her?!"

"What man?" Kageyama asked as he shook Hinata off roughly.

"The man who called her on the phone-" Hinata was cut off by Makoto's scream echoing throughout the gym. She was outside the door, making the sound flow right into the gym.

Unable to tell what emotion elicited that scream, everyone rushed to the door and threw it open wide. There eyes widened upon seeing Makoto being crushed in a hug by eleven males.

Makoto let out another scream, wrapping her arms around the nearest person to squeeze them with a hug. "What are you guys doing here?!?!?"

"She knows them?" Hinata asked as he watched Makoto freak out, smothering everyone on the team in love.

"Practice match, babe." A brunette male said as he threw an arm around Makoto's shoulders, smiling down at her sleazily.

"Babe?" Karasuno said in unison as they openly grimaced at the nickname.

"Hands off, Takumi." A blue eyed male who stood about two inches shorter than 'Takumi', said as he smacked the male's hand off. "Sorry. Takumi's been Makoto-deprived, so he's extra flirty."

"Oh, right." Makoto said as she turned around to face Karasuno. Motioning to the group of males behind her, she smiled brightly. "These are my childhood friends from Okinawa. We all grew up together."

"All eleven of them?!"

"Eleven?" Makoto glanced behind, frowning slightly when she didn't see the familiar face. "Wait, where's...Kichiro?"

The males of Takahano high awkwardly shuffled, allowing Nao, the brunette from earlier, to speak up. "Kichiro...quit the club after you left."

"WHAT?!" Makoto screeched, only to be stopped by someone else shouting. Everyone turned around, spotting a tall raven haired male.

"Sorry! I ended up getting a call from-" The raven haired male was cut off by Makoto running at him, tackling him in a hug. "Oof-"

"Kidding~ Kichiro got a call from his mom when he got off the bus." Sora, the team's third year wing spiker, said with a loud laugh. "He did quit the club but came back after we yelled at him!"

"Sora, shut up." Kichiro said as he flashed the 5'10 male a pointed glare. Glancing down at the female who held onto him, he smiled, "Hey, Makoto. You been alright here?"

Makoto nodded, looking up at Kichiro with such a soft gleam in her eyes. For some reason, it didn't sit well with Tsukishima.

"How about we save the reunion for later?" Tsukishima muttered, turning on his heels to go back inside the gym. Upon hearing that, everyone agreed and began to line up inside the gym before the match would commence.

"Ne, ne, Makoto! We brought you a surprise!" Hitoshi, the regular setter of the team, said as he waved her down. She excused herself, rushing over to his side to see what he had in store. Whipping out the surprise, he exclaimed, "TA-DA!"

Her eyes widened when she saw the jersey he held out to her. It was in the school's colors, being baby blue with light blue on the sides. Printed on the front was a giant seven, her favorite number.

"Is this a memento or something? I love it!" Makoto exclaimed as she took the jersey.

The 5'10 pinch server, Akihito, appeared beside her with a flat look. "No, dumbass. It's to play in. Play in."

"....What?"

The Takahano high boys looked at her with a cheesy grin. "Let's play on the same team again, Makoto."

Her heart erupted with electricity that sent chills down her body. Turning to Ukai and Shimizu, she gave them the look. "Can I?"

Both of them look at each other before shrugging with a small smile. "Sure."

"Our team isn't complete without Makoto. But," Akihito looked around Karasuno who watched with surprise. "Now, we're a threat."

Shivers went down Karasuno's spines' as they watched Makoto stand beside Takahano's captain in her uniform. Her expression showed pure joy and determination, mostly to show off how strong her team.

"Makoto's gonna play?" Hinata questioned as he turned to Karasuno, surprised with the fact that his sister played volleyball. He never really thought she'd played since she never mentioned it once. "Awesome!"

"I'm always gonna try to be number seven, alright?" Jirou, a fellow first year, said as he appeared in front of Makoto with a playful scowl. "I'll take yer spot, you weenie."

"In your dreams, Jirou. Maybe stop flailing your arms then you'll move up in the ranks." Makoto gave him a thumbs-up, grinning cheekily as she walked off to talk to Kichiro.

"God, I hate when she's right." Jirou grumbled with his arms cross over his chest. Hitoshi appeared at his side, giggling softly.

"She really is awesome!" Hitoshi grinned, excited to play with his favorite teammate again.

Smoothing out her uniform, she couldn't contain the smile that sat on her lips.

I'm so excited.