- nineteen : match

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

Each team stood on their side of the court, standing in position. It was a practice match, but each team prepared like this was an official one.

"Everyone is so tall." Hinata said as he stood directly in front of Makoto with the net between them. She grinned, nodding softly.

"Our shortest player is 5'6." Makoto said as she jutted her finger in the direction of Katsuo, their libero who stood at approximately 5'6.4ft.

"Shortest?!?" Hinata said as he gaped at Katsuo, shocked that he was considered 'short' despite being a whole two inches taller than Hinata.

At the blow of whistle, the match had begun.

With Karasuno having the first serve, Takahano prepare to receive whatever serve was coming their way. It was the beginning of an interesting set.

As the time went along, the number of points seemed to be static, both teams keeping close in score. Neither team seemed flustered or panicked, seeing as they were both doing well.

"If you focus on our two big power-centric spikers,"

Hinata jumped, flying high to spike the ball over the net and into the floor.

"You'll miss our small crow."

Despite expecting Takahano to be stunned, everyone seemed to grin with excitement.

"That was amazing, Shōyō!" Hitoshi exclaimed as he flashed the male a bright smile. "You flew for real! Is that a Hinata trait or what?"

"You can't surprise us." Kichiro said with a small chuckle, placing a hand on Makoto's head. "We have our own 'Little Giant' here too."

"That's an exaggeration." Makoto said as she turned to Kichiro, chuckling softly. "I'm no Little Giant or anything. I'm not good enough to-"

"Rule." Kichiro gave her a pointed look, "Remember the rule, Makoto?"

"Yes." She uttered, rushing off back to spot after mumbling a sorry. I haven't heard that in awhile, so I forgot about it. That caught me off guard.

With Karasuno being able to serve, Kageyama walked to the back. He bounced the ball thrice, taking a deep breath before attempting his powerful jump serve to rack up some points.

Katsuo perfectly bumped it, sending it to Hitoshi who stood near the net. "Hitoshi."

As Hitoshi lifted his arms, he watched the other side of the net out of the corner of his eye. Spotting two blockers approaching on the left, he purposely glanced back in Masayuki's direction who stood on the left side.

When the two blockers jumped, he flicked his wrists and sent the ball to Makoto who jumped on the opposite side.

She grunted, smacking the ball past Nishinoya who wasn't even prepared whatsoever. When her feet hit the ground, she immediately turned to Kichiro who stood behind her with a grin.

"See? I'm so proud of you, Makoto." Kichiro said as he reached out, ruffling Makoto's hair gently.

"What the heck is up with their captain?" Hinata muttered, getting over-protective for his sister. This captain is so touchy with Makoto!

Yamaguchi glanced at Tsukishima, panicking when he saw the crease between Tsukishima's eyebrows. He looks mad %>_<%

"Nice, Makoto." Takumi said as he reached out, squeezing Makoto's left boob. This action made everyone on Karasuno visibly freeze.

"CUT THE SHIT, TAKUMI!" Nao shouted as he drop-kicked Takumi out of existence. Makoto simply swiped her chest, resuming the game as someone switch so Takumi could recover. "Sorry."

"Is that normal-" Hinata questioned, looking at his hand then at Kageyama. "Should I-"

"No."

The game continued for a few hours, ending in almost five sets. With one wins and four losses, Karasuno shook hands with Takahano and ended the practice match.

"Shit. They're good." Kageyama muttered as he wiped his face with a towel, glancing at Makoto and her team. They were busy cooling off and talking to Makoto who was sat on the floor. "It's almost annoying."

Takahano was a well-known team in Okinawa for being a power-house school. Since everyone on the team was large in size, they had no problem with fights above the net. Each player was gifted with a certain skill, making them all unique in different ways.

Since the entire Takahano boy's volleyball team grew up together, their communication is crazy good and fluent. The unnoticeable signs they used during the match were hard too spot since it was such simple motions that only Takahano could tell apart.

With such strong defense, they also had great offense when it came to their strongest wing spikers, Kichiro and Masayuki. Having a setter like Hitoshi around was also a very big plus since he was able to utilize everyone perfectly.

Since everyone on the team basically loved Makoto, they always made sure to keep her on the same level as everyone else. Forcing her to work hard, they made her the amazing volleyball player she is today.

"How'd you guys like the practice match?" Daichi asked as he approached he males, mentally grimacing when he ended up looking up to most of them.

"Very fun!" Hitoshi exclaimed, grinning brightly at Daichi who smiled back at him. "I haven't played against a fun team in so long!"

"Well, I'm glad you had fun." Suga said with an angelic smile, making everyone's heart melt. They thought that he was an angel in the flesh. "Did you have fun, Makoto? It must been the first time in a while that you played, huh?"

Makoto nodded, smiling down at her hands that were pretty numb after spiking those balls into the floor with all her might. "It was so much fun."

"Well, you're in luck, Miss Makoto." Hitoshi said as he was pushed aside by Kichiro who shut him up.

"There's another surprise but that's for later." Kichiro explained, smiling at Makoto reassuringly. When she turned away, Kichiro gave the Takahano boy's a pointed look. "We're staying at your house for the duration of our trip."

"Oh my. Okay."

As Makoto gushed over the males before her, Tsukishima walked off to avoid being near that group any longer. The annoyance that bubbled in his chest was beginning to show on his face.

For some reason, he really disliked Kichiro.

[ a/n : two updates today since these chapters go hand-in-hand, I guess heheheh!! if you wanna see a bit of a spoiler(?) for the next chapter, you can look at my Instagram where i posted an edit ('' )]

insta is @keisgf