- thirty-seven : insecurity

* I hate to admit it y'all, but this book will end at chapter 40 + maybe an epilogue ('') ]

[ third person ]

⋆⋆⋆

Makoto stared at herself in the mirror as she smoothed out her outfit. She wanted to gag at the outfit she was dressed in. It just didn't suit her, yet she still wore it.

Hearing the familiar text tone for Tsukishima, she picked up her phone and unlocked it.

kei <3 | two hours ago
Are you awake yet?

makoto | two hours ago
yes sir
goodmorning ☺︎

kei <3 | two hours ago
Morning
Be ready in two hours. We're going somewhere today

makoto | two hours ago
really?! okay

Today 12:09 PM

kei <3 | now
I'm at the entrance
Where are you?

makoto | now
i was in the bathroom, but im going to the entrance now

Taking one last look at herself, Makoto sighed and exited the bathroom. Her palms grew clammy as she neared the entrance, spotting Tsukishima in the distance. The anxiety only skyrocketed when the blond made eye contact with her.

"Y-" Makoto stopped herself, changing her greeting last second. "H-Hi."

Tsukishima's eyebrows slightly rose when he realized that this was Makoto standing before him. "You look..different."

Makoto was dressed in a thigh-length skirt with a suffocatingly tight button up shirt. On her feet were short heels that made her slightly falter with every step. Her face was dusted in light makeup that was done by her mother who was more than willing to help. The one thing that caught him off guard was the fact that her hair cascaded down to her abdomen. It was a believable wig that made her look like a completely different person.

"Good different or bad different?" Makoto asked awkwardly, shuffling her feet. Her hands were getting more sweaty as she gripped onto her small handbag tightly.

Tsukishima inspected her outfit her a moment before shrugging. "I really can't tell. Uh, what incited this change?"

"Not much." Makoto said with a shrug as she brushed a strand of hair out of her face. "Just wanted to try something new."

"I see." Tsukishima replies as he reached down, grabbing Makoto's hand. "Then I guess we should get going."

Makoto followed the male who led her through the crowds, bringing her to the arcade she had always wanted to go to. The male recalled how her eyes sparkled when she spoke of the place, so he decided to take her here for a first date. (It took him three days to build up the courage to ask her out on a date. Even when he did, it didn't go how he wanted to. The texts from earlier is exactly how it went)

Makoto perked up, squeezing Tsukishima's hand excitedly as she feasted her eyes on the beautiful arcade that was lighted so attractively. "You remembered?"