𝙵𝚊𝚔𝚎 [𝙼𝚒𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚗𝚐]

~~

"You're marrying the Myoui's daughter."

"Oka– wait, what?! What the actual h-ll, Dad?!"

Chaeyoung stood up from her seat and slammed her hands on the table.

"Manners, Son Chaeyoung."

She scoffed and crossed her arms.

"Seriously, Dad?! You know that I have a girlfriend, right?! What's this? Arrange marriage with some strangers?! Again?!"

"I don't care if you have a girlfriend but it's our company being bankrupted here and she is not a stranger! She's the daughter of the Myoui's which we've met last week."

"Well, too bad, I don't care either. I'd rather starve myself just to not marry that Myoui girl."

She picked up her jacket and left, closing the door loudly.

She wore her jacket and helmet before hopping on her motorbike and driving fast to her girlfriend's condo.

Parking her motorbike, she went inside the building while removing her helmet on the way.

Reaching her girlfriend's door, she pressed the doorbell and was soon greeted by a pale girl just by her height as well.

"Hey... what's with the sudden visit?"

Without even answering, she immediately engulf Dahyun in a hug which took the latter shock but soon reciprocated and lead their way inside, closing the door behind them.

"What's wrong, Chaeng?"

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry, Dubs..."

That's when Dahyun realized that Chaeyoung's crying already.

"Is it... is it about her again?"

She felt the younger nod in between her sobs.

Silence engulfed them, a deafing one.

But Dahyun decided to broke it.

"Why don't you just... follow what your parents want, Chaeng?"

Chaeyoung let go from the hug and looked at her in disbelief.

"What are you talking about, Dahyun?! There's no way I would accept that! I have you and that's all I want. Can't you see that I'm trying my best to fight for our relationship?"

"But how about your company? Your parents? You know how important that company to them, right? They put all their sweats and effo"

"Are you pushing me away now?"

"What? No, it's not what I meant"

"Then what do you mean?! Didn't you mean that you already want to break up with me because you're already tired of how our relationship runs?! Tell me, Dahyun!"

Dahyun was a bit taken aback but then soon felt blood rushing on her cheeks because of anger, now that she finally processed what Chaeyoung just said.

"Yes, Chaeyoung! I'm already tired of how our relationship runs but did I told you that I'm breaking up with you?! I didn't, right?! I stayed. I stayed because I love you and I believe in you but hearing those words coming from your mouth made me lose all my hopes for us. You're right. Maybe we're really not meant to be together."

Dahyun walked passed her and opened the door widely, while Chaeyoung's still processing what just happened.

It's not the Dahyun that she knows.