𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍 [𝙳𝚊𝙷𝚢𝚘]³

~~

"Ms. Park! Welcome back!"

Smiles were immediately plastered on every employee's faces, seeing their lovely Café Owner back again after a year of taking a break and hiatus from work.

"I thought you already forgot about me."

Jihyo smiled while teasing them, giving them some brief hugs and greetings.

"Why would we?! We were waiting for this to finally come that you'll be back with us!"

Jihyo had her smile widened, seeing how her employees and even their custoers, warmly welcome her.

But a certain pale girl... seemed to couldn't be on her sight.

"Where's... Kim? Don't tell me she already resigned while I was gone."

"No, Ma'am. I'm just right behind you."

Jihyo was startled from the voice but immediately turned around, jumping in happiness to hug the Tofu.

"I missed you, Dubs!"

Dahyun chuckled before returning the hug.

•••

"So... how was Hawaii?"

"It was great. I really had fun."

Dahyun smiled and nodded before placing a plate of Jihyo's favorite pastries down on her table in her office.

"But it would've been a lot better if I have you with me though..."

"I appreciate it but you know I can't, Ji. I still have to earn money and besides, I'm just an employee here, just like the others."

Jihyo frowned and was about to speak again, only to be interrupted by a knock on the door.

Dahyun receiving the signal, immediately opened the door for the guest, and there, it revealed a charming guy, wearing a plain white shirt tucked in a black leather jacket, paired with denim jeans and timbs and to top all of that, he's wearing a limited edition sunglasses from a prestigous brand.

"Daniel... w-what are you doing here?"

Jihyo was flustered while Dahyun was puzzled.

"You promised that we would eat lunch together, Ji..."

Ji?! I'm the only one Jihyo allowed to call her that. I gave her that nickname! Dahyun thought.

"Right. Uhm... just wait for me at your car."

Daniel hesitated at first but soon nodded and went out, leaving Dahyun and Jihyo in an awkward state.

"I thought I'm the only one who can call you that name?"

Jihyo opened her mouth to explain but no words came out from it.

Dahyun on the other hand, scanned Jihyo's hands and bitterly smile upon seeing a new ring replaced the one she gave Jihyo for her birthday a few years ago.

It was a precious ring as Dahyun bought it with the money she earned from working in the café and doing some other part time jobs.