𝚁𝚎𝚐𝚛𝚎𝚝 [𝚂𝚊𝚃𝚣𝚞]

~~

It was just another boring school day for some people might think but for one person, it clearly isn't.

"Good Morning, Pretty!"

A bright and lovely girl greeted the girl with the opposite personality of her.

Definitely way different from her.

"Nothing's good about my morning and please, for the nth time, STOP PESTERING ME."

Sana pouted and acted cute towards her.

This is what always happen every morning.

Sana would always go to Tzuyu and greet her a 'good morning' along with her compliments and blunt expressions on what she feel towards the younger.

But Tzuyu would always just ignore every sweetness and efforts she puts for her.

She already got embarassed for a lot of times everytime Tzuyu would ignore her efforts but she just couldn't care more.

As long as it's for Tzuyu... her Tzuyu.

"Why are you so mean? I just want to greet you and wish you to have a nice day ahead."

"Well, you just ruined my day."

Tzuyu closed her locker and left, leaving the pouting and sulking Sana behind.

"You're so savage. You just hurted her."

Tzuyu looked at her best friend, Chaeyoung who walked beside her.

"What should I do, then? Accept her confessions and everything? She'll just get hurt more than what I am doing right now."

"Then atleast use some honorifics on rejecting her. She's still older than you, than us. I envy her for being persistent and brave about her feelings for you."

Tzuyu just lightly scoffed and ignored her.

As much as she wants to accept Sana and confessed what she feels towards the older, she just can't.

She's afraid that she'll just hurt the older, she'd rather see herself hurting than dragging Sana to it as well.

•••

It's been almost two weeks since Sana last greeted her a 'good morning' and Tzuyu finds it weird.

She admits that she already became fond of her morning routines everytime and she's craving for it.

"Why are you still even thinking about her, Tzuyu? She's already happy with someone."

She slapped her face to wake her up from thinking about the girl but she couldn't just get enough.

She already got used to it.

Every morning, Sana would greet her and would wish her to have a nice day but she would just reply a savage comment.

But everything went different since last Monday.

Sana didn't greet her since that morning until now.

Because someone already replaced her...

"You look down?"

Her thoughts were cut off by Chaeyoung snapping her fingers in front her.

"H-Huh? No, maybe just tired."

"Thinking about Sana-unnie?"

"W-What?! No! Why would I think about her?"

Chaeyoung scoffed and crossed her arms, leaning on the chair accross Tzuyu's.

"Come on, Tzu. We both know that you like her. Why don't you just accept her confessions and efforts for you? Tell her that you like her too."

"No. She deserve better. Besides, she's already happy with someone now. Which I'm glad."

"You really are not a good liar, and it shows on your face that you're lying when you said that you're glad seeing her with someone. Because you're literrally not. But answer me honestly, Tzu. You already got used to her and became fond of her, didn't you?"

Tzuyu looked down and slowly nodded and bith of them was engulfed by silence after.

"Hey, guys!"

The two of them looked up and saw Momo with Sana behind her, shyly holding Momo's hand.

"What's up, Momo-unnie?"

"I finally got the courage to ask Sana out last monday and she said Yes!"

It was like everything shattered and Tzuyu became deaf uppon hearing what Momo just said.

She already knew the news ever since last week because it was such a hot topic on their University but she chose not to believe it and ignore it.

But hearing Momo's words just made her realize everything.

It's already too late for me... she thought.

In her peripheral vision, she saw how Chaeyoung looked at her with sympathy.

"W-Wow. Congrats, Momo-unnie."

She forced a smile and looked at Sana.

"Sana-unnie. Take care of each other."

"Of course, we will. We'll just see you around. We just came here to let you know the news. Bye!"

The couple happily waved them goodbye and as soon as the two was already nowhere to be seen, tears started falling on Tzuyu's cheeks.

Why are you crying Tzuyu?! This is what you wanted, right?! she said in her mind.

"It's okay, Tzu..."

"Yeah. Maybe... maybe if only I tried considering your advice to accept Sana-unnie... maybe, just maybe, I would've been the one in Momo-unnie's position..."

She sobbed quietly while Chae was rubbing her back for comfort.

"I was so dumb to let an angel like her go..."

I was so dumb to let an angel like her go and I regret doing it. I really do. Maybe in another lifetime, I wouldn't be a coward anymore.

•••