𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚍² [𝙳𝚞𝚋𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚎𝚗𝚐]²

~~

"Where were you after dismissal yesterday?"

Chaeyoung looked up from working on her art and found a furious looking Jeongyeon with Tzuyu behind her.

"I-I... I went home..."

"You didn't even bother atleast warning Dahyun that you'll ditch her?!"

"W-What do you mean?"

"Well, your good bestfriend, Kim Dahyun waited for you for hours in the rooftop not even caring if she's already soaking wet from the heavy rain yesterday. If not for Momo who came back here yesterday as she forgot something on the rooftop then Dahyun had been in a critical condition already."

– FLASHBACK –

Just almost three hours after Chaeyoung reached her apartment, heavy rain started pouring alongside with some thunders.

She looked through her window and saw how dark the sky is.

"Did Dahyun Unnie went home already?"

Meanwhile back in the rooftop on their school, Dahyun was still there, soaking wet by the rain but was still standing in the middle of the rooftop.

She's determined to wait for Chaeyoung even if it costs her health or her life.

Hearing loud thunders coming continuously and feeling herself slowly losing consciousness from too much exposure on the rain water and not eating yet, Dahyun sat on the floor.

She wiped her face that is almost covered by water already before coughing and looking around then checking the time on her watch.

8:17 PM

Coughing more and couldn't control her body anymore, she slowly closed her eyes as she let her conciousness be taken away.

– END OF FLASHBACK –

Chaeyoung frozed on her spot, tears slowly streaming down her cheeks as she regretted ditching Dahyun yesterday.

"So now you're crying? Can't you see how much effort Dahyun had put just for you to talk with her again? She was confused and angry at herself as she thinks that she did something that hurted you but you just kept it from her and ignore her instead."

"W-Where is she?"

Jeongyeon just scoffed and rolled her eyes before leaving while Tzuyu remained, her head hang low.

"You know how Dahyun Unnie is afraid of thunders, right? She worked hard preparing a paper flower boquet for you, she didn't ate lunch yesterday because she was so excited and giddy to finally talk to you again. But you failed her, Chae. You failed us."

And with that, Tzuyu left as well, running to catch Jeongyeon.

Tears continuously flowing down her cheeks, Chaeyoung had her head down on the table, sobbing even more.

•••

It took Dahyun 2 days before she could finally go back to school again.

She wanted to go back by yesterday but her family and even her friends insisted that she just take some more rest and not worry about the school works, she can catch up.

"Dubu! I missed you!"

It was Momo who hugged her first the moment they saw her, the others following and giving her a brief hug.