Chapter 13: I'm not a Medic

After an hour of reading, Thor calls me back into the lounge for dessert.

We all sit together on the multiple couches, making quiet conversation- almost getting to know each other a bit.

"So, were you Asgardians all, like, school friends?" asks Rhodey.

"No, me and Loki both had our own private education, so we wouldn't have 'school friends' as you call it." Thor explains.

"And I'm from Vanaheim actually." I confess.

"Do aliens learn Math?" asks Peter.

"No." says Thor.

"Yes." Loki and I nod.

"What?" asks Thor.

"Well, Thor, if you actually turned up to your lessons and did any of the work, you would know that." Loki scoffs.

"You don't know mathematics?" I laugh, glancing at Thor.

"Well, no. It's not like I need mathematics to fight off evil beings." Thor argues, "Plus, Loki would spend all day in his room or in the gardens, just revising and studying! Not only studying magic, but daft educational subjects he has no need for."

"Firstly, I like it better in my room." Loki argues.

"You barely spent time with people!" Thor laughs.

"I don't like people, they disappoint me."

"I'll drink to that." I smirk, taking a sip of some of Thor's Asgardian liquor.

"Alright, everyone go do your own thing. We're going out tomorrow, so, relax while you still can or whatever." Tony suggests.

Everyone nods and begins to leave, all heading to different parts of the tower.

Deciding to explore, I head off down an empty hallway, wandering aimlessly though the oversized tower.

After about 10 minutes, I find myself in the Library, large shelves of books lining the walls. The silence brings comfort to me as I run finger across the spine of some books, hoping for one to spark my interest.

In the corner of the room, something large catches my eye.

A piano.

I smile at the familiar instrument, remembering my piano and harp lessons back on Vanaheim.

I make my way over to it, sitting down on the black seat and testing some chords, the familiar and beautiful notes filling the eery silence of the lonesome library.

Eventually, the chords form a rhythm. I continue until I find myself playing a gentle tune, enjoying the soft and careful music.

After only a few minutes, I play some final notes before the silence of the Library returns, reminding me of its emptiness.

"That was beautiful."

I jump slightly, not expecting the sudden disruption.

I turn, immediately noticing the dark haired Asgardian in the doorway.

"What are you doing here?" I snap, my face slightly pink from embarrassment.

"I was only passing by." he smirks.

"Well, go 'pass by' somewhere else." I say.

"I thought we were friends." he smirks, leaning against the doorframe.

"Have I ever told you how annoying you are?" I question.

"Perhaps. Once or twice." he nods.

I smile faintly, somewhat enjoying the interaction between us.