Chapter 53: Alone with Twins

"Thor and Jane just left." sighs Peter.

"Great. Two babies." sighs Loki.

"Oh come on, it won't be that bad. Ned and MJ are coming over to help." said Peter.

"Well, what do we do with them?" I ask.

"Uhh... TV! Kids love TV." says Peter, running to the television and turning it on.

"What should they watch?" Loki asks.

"Something colourful. Like... peppa pig." says Peter, pressing the remote.

"Pepper what?" asks Loki.

"Pig. It's a tv show, kids love it." said Peter. Suddenly, music starts playing and a cartoon pig in a red dress appears on the screen.

After two minutes of watching it, me and Loki share a look.

"This show is sh*t." I whisper.

"I agree." he nods, "Can we turn over?" he asks Peter.

"What? No! The twins love it!" he says.

We both look at the twins and notice the huge smiles playing on their faces.

"Peter, there are two people at the door, should I let them in?" asks Friday.

"Yeah, it's Ned and MJ." he says, looking back to the TV.

The elevator door opens and out steps a girl and a boy, both looking Peter's age.

"Hey Peter." says Ned, jumping on the couch.

"Who are these guys?" asks MJ, looking at us two.

"Loki and (Y/n). They're supposed to babysit the twins but they needed help." said Peter.

"We don't need help." says Loki, "In fact, the children need feeding."

He picks them both up carefully and carries them into the kitchen. I follow him in, loosely followed by the other three.

"(Y/n), where are the bottles?" he asked.

"They are over th-" began Peter.

"I asked (Y/n)." snapped Loki, looking at me.

"In the fridge." I say, opening the fridge door and grabbing the milk.

"Want me to take one?" asked Peter, offering to take a baby.

"(Y/n), could you take Addy?" asks Loki, blanking Peter completely.

"Sure." I nod, taking the baby and bottle-feeding her.

"Loki- look, I didn't mean you couldn't handle it." apologises Peter.

Loki simply ignores him and keeps feeding Klaus.

"Peter, go hang out with your friends. We've got it covered for now." I say, smiling.

Peter nods and goes to his room, Ned and MJ going with him.

"You alright?" I ask Loki.

"Why does everyone think we're unqualified to look after children? Okay. So maybe we don't know what peppa pig is. Maybe we aren't experienced. But..."

"Loki. It's okay." I smile, still feeding Addy in my arms, "You don't need to validate how you feel." I smile.

"He finished the bottle." he nods, placing it on the kitchen counter and holding Klaus, "What now?"

"You have to burp them." Peter says, from the doorway.

"Ew, what?" I ask, holding the baby out at arms length, "Burp yourself, I can't do it for you."