Chapter 46: Something

"(Y/n)!" calls Peter, bounding into the bedroom like a lost puppy, "Ned was asleep, and I don't have anything to do."

"Well neither do I. You could hang out with me? If that's something you'd want?"

"Oh. Sure." he smiles. He walks over to the bed and sits himself down on the opposite end.

"What do you wanna do?" he asks, tracing the creases of the duvet.

"Uh, I dunno. What do you guys do when you're bored?" I ask.

"Watch TV. Social Media. Games. Truth or dare. Seven minutes in heaven." he says.

"What's that last one?" I ask.

"Oh, Seven Minutes in Heaven. So everyone puts their name in a bag and we take it in turns to take out a name. Whoever you get, you have to stay in a closet with them for seven minutes." he explains, "But we can't play that with two people."

"That sounds stupid."

"It's mostly for people to make out and hook up with a random person, I wouldn't think too much into it if I were you." he laughs.

"Maybe we could play a board game." I say,
"I enjoyed Monopoly."

"You stole everyones money."

"Monopoly doesn't have any policemen."

"And you 'broke out of Jail'. I don't think you fully get how Monopoly works-"

"Fine. Not Monopoly then." I huff.

"Okay... how about scrabble?" he asks.

"Uh, sure." I nod. We go into his room and he takes out his box of 'scrabble'.

So yeah, we play Scrabble for a while and, as much as it pains me to admit, the game was actually quite fun. Or Peter is. The experience was enjoyable overall, either way.

-

"Grammarly is not a word!" I chuckle.

"Yes it is!" Peter argues.

"Hey Peter have you seen-"

It was Tony.

"Oh. There you are. Loki's been looking for you." he says, "It sounds important."

I nod and turn to Peter, "Okay, well you win again, Pete." I smile, "Maybe another time."

"Yeah, sure." he smiles. I nod and get up, moving out of the open door and past Stark.

"Hey! Where were you?" asks Loki from the hallway, running up to me. His hands reach up to my face, moving it to either side and admiring it carefully, before inspecting my neck and down my arms.

"What are you doing?" I question.

"Are you okay? Are you hurt?" he asks, panic flashing spontaneously upon his features.

"What? No! I was playing scrabble with Peter." I say.

"Oh." he exhales, sighing with genuine relief.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" I ask.

"I just... had a bad feeling."

"Aw, and of all people you looked for me? Softie." I chuckle, kissing him lightly on the cheek.

"I finished my speech." he says, enjoying my affectionate gesture, "But I need you to read it. To check. I trust your opinion, and if you think it sounds terrible, be honest."

"No." I say, confusion dominating his expression, "I want to hear you read it out loud at the wedding, like everyone else. Maybe ask Steve. He's annoying, but he certainly has a way with words." I smile.