Chapter 50: Adriana and Niklaus

We all shot up from the bench and ran up to the elevator with Nat, pressing the button to go up.

When the door opens, we once again run down the hall, stopping when we see 221B.

"Are you ready?" asked Nat, putting her hand on the door handle.

We all nod and we open the door to see Jane asleep on a bed and Thor holding two babies, one in a blue blanket and one in a pink one.

I gasp and walk over to Thor to look at the babies.

"Oh Thor," I smile, "They're beautiful."

Loki comes behind me and takes a look for himself, his breath hitching in his throat.

"They look... healthy." he says.

I elbow him in the stomach an give him a glare.

"They're perfect, brother." adds Loki, getting a nod from me.

"Would you each like to hold one? I need to check on Jane." he says. I nod and he slowly and carefully passes me Niklaus.

I cradle him in my arms and watch him move and try to open his eyes. Finally, he manages to get his eyelids open and looks up at me face.

"Hello Niklaus," I whisper, "I'm your Auntie (Y/n). Welcome to the world, little guy." I coo.

"Don't get any ideas." says Peter.

"Shut up." I chuckle.

"Watch your mouth around the baby." said Steve.

Thor passes Adriana to Loki and he smiles sown at her like she's the most beautiful thing in the world.

She lifts her tiny hand up and touches his cheek, a wide smile polishing his face.

"Hello baby." he says, rocking her gently. They both fall asleep in our arms and we sit down on chairs in the room.

"They're precious." says Loki, smiling wildly.

"Yeah, they are." I grin.

"Thor?" says a small voice. We all look over to see an awake, yet exhausted Jane.

"Jane." I smile, "They're beautiful." I tell her, standing up and moving to her bedside.

"Holy sh*t... that's my daughter." she sniffles, a tear rolling down her cheek, "And my son." she smiles as Loki walks over.

"Do you want to hold them, Jane?" asks Loki, sweetly.

"Yes, please." she says, holding her arms out. We carefully give them to her and she leans back in the bed, cradling her newborn children.

"Are they healthy?" she asks.

"Healthy as can be." smiles Thor.

"We'll give you some privacy." says Nat, shooing everyone out of the room and leaving me, Loki, Jane and Thor.

"Wait, what'd I miss?" asks Valkyrie from the doorway. We usher her in and she walks over to Jane, seeing the small babies in her arms.

"Oh Jane, they're perfect." she smiles.

"Just like their parents." I say.

Jane smiles gratefully as she rocks the sleeping children in her arms.

-7 hours later-

"Jane and Thor will be back from the hospital soon." says Nat as we all sit in the lounge with pizza.

"I can't believe they had kids." said Tony, "They're so young. Loki, (Y/n), you two are going to wait another billion years until I allow you to have children, alright?" he says.

I roll my eyes and look at my lap, "About that..."

"oh sh*t!!!" yells Peter, "You're not pregnant, are you?"

"(Y/n)? Really!?" shouts Tony and Bruce.

"Holy crap!" yells Nat and Valkyrie.

"Woahhh." say Carol and Wanda.

"Oh my god." jump Sam and Bucky.

I just roll my eyes as a chorus of shouting and shock fills the room.

"She's not f*cking pregnant!" shouts Loki, loudly. Everyone snaps their attention back to us, silently.

"I was going to tell you that I... can't have children. Even if I could, me and Loki have decided we don't want kids." I explain.

"Why not?" asks Steve.

"We just... feel like kids are a big responsibility and, with both of us having kinda crappy childhoods, we don't want to raise a crazy family." I say.

"I respect your decision." said Odin, "You two would be extremely unfit parents."

I look down sadly at my lap.

Normally at a comment like that, I would shout and attack in retaliation.

But what Odin said just stung.

Like fifty wasps all stabbing into my heart.

"That's uncalled for." said Steve.

Everyone looks at him, slightly shocked that he is standing up to Odin.

"Those two would be brilliant parents. And how would you know? Your son attempted suicide, was tortured to attack a city, imprisoned for life in an asgardian prison and treated like absolute sh*t, and you're gonna go ahead and judge him for what he'd be like as a parent. Emotionally, those two are 17 years old. 17! They've been through hell and back, and you come here standing tall, thinking yourself above everyone else. America is a free country, and if you won't let these two kids be free with their responsibilities and lives, then you can get the hell out of here." he snaps.

Loki grabs my hand and pulls me off of the couch, dragging us away and up the stairs.

He takes me to the roof and we sit down together.

"That was nice of Steve." I mutter, looking at him sadly.

"He's right." Loki said.

"Who?" I ask.

"Odin. I don't even know why I bothered to redeem myself. I'm always going to be the guy who attacked New York. The fallen prince who went mad off jealousy. The-"

"Loki stop it." I whisper, "I don't like it."

"What? The truth." he asks.

"You're hiding something from me." I tell him, tears rolling down my face, "Drop the illusions. Ever since we first met I could feel you covering something. I love you, and you know NOTHING will change that." I say, cupping his cheek, "Just let it go."

He looks down and lets the illusion drop away and everything seems the same. He sighs and takes off his tuxedo shirt to reveal his toned chest. I look at his bare wrists and see nothing but scars. I look at his back and see nothing but huge scabs and marks. I look at his face and see his red cheeks and runny nose, his constant flow of tears and the innocence in his eyes.

"Talk to me. Tell me whatever you feel comfortable with, baby." I say, stroking his tear-stained cheek softly.

"It's easier to show you." he says, taking my hand and holding it in his.

He slowly closes his eyes and I can see everything.