Chapter 28: Make No Mistake

After about an hour of lounging around and chatting with Loki, I urge myself to get dressed for Tony's second attempt at a party- my expectations exquisitely low.

"Where are you going?" Loki asks as I step off of the bed.

"I can't go to this dumb party like this." I laugh, gesturing to my outfit.

"You look fine." he assures.

"I'm a mess, Loki. You're very charming but really, I have to get ready." I explain, heading over to the wardrobe.

"May I be of any assistance?" he suggests, getting off of the bed himself.

"Depends. How's your fashion sense?" I ask.

"Impeccable." Loki smirks, looking at my wardrobe filled with clothes from Vanaheim, of which Freya helped me conjure here before she... well, before the battle.

"This." he smirks.

"Thanks." I nod, smiling, "I won't be long."

I quickly go into the bathroom and get dressed, throwing my old clothes into the washing basket.

"Now you get dressed. I'll see you down there." I order.

"I'm fine as I am." he shrugs, following me out of the room.

I turn and pull him down by the collar of his shirt, grasping his face in my hands.

"Loki." I whisper in a somewhat seductive tone.

"Yes?" he smirks.

"Get dressed." I laugh, pushing him back into the room and shutting the door.

With a smile etched obviously on my face, I head down the stairs to the lounge, only a few people there.

"You look wonderful, (Y/n)." smiles Thor, "Where is my brother?"

"Getting dressed." I tell him, sitting next to him on the couch.

"What has he been doing all of this time, then?" he asks, innocently.

"(Y/n)." Tony cuts in.

"Zip it, cyborg. We were just talking." I snap.

Jane glares at me with amusement, cruel playfulness lingering on her face.

"Are we ready to get this party started?" Nat sighs, walking into the room with an already bored expression.

"Where is everyone?" I ask.

"We're having it outside- it's a nice day. People tend to enjoy the sun, unless you're a vampire and stay cooped up in your room." Tony snickers.

"What is a vampire?" I ask, confused.

"Honestly? It doesn't matter. I'll see you guys out there. Don't drink my champagne." he huffs, walking out.

As Stark strides out, Loki walks elegantly down the stairs, looking gorgeous in an all-black suit.

I admire him temporarily, fixating on how fitted and perfectly tailored the suit is.

"Take a photo, it'll last longer." Jane remarks as Loki sits beside me on the couch.

"Pardon?" Loki asks.