Chapter 47: A Sentimental Wedding

"Will you shut up for five bloody seconds?"

"(Y/n)!"

"Oh my god- can you blame me? She won't stop crying over her bloody pancakes!" I groan to Valkyrie, watching with inquiry as Jane's emotional stability crumbles at her breakfast.

"Jane, calm down. It's gonna be fine." Valkyrie assures, placing a hand on Jane's shoulder.

"I'm going to end the day a married woman." she whines, "No more good sex for me! Just 2am wake up calls from two small rats that are gonna ruin our lives! No honeymoon period, no time to enjoy it, no freedom, no fun! Just fucking lovely!!"

"I had nothing to do with this." I interrupt, addressing Val's pointed glare in my direction, "Except the fact that she basically quoted everything I told her last night."

"What?" Nat huffs, looking at me.

"I wanted her to be prepared." I scowl, "Expect disappointment and you'll never be disappointed."

"You are officially the worst maid of honour." Valkyrie scolds me before turning to Jane, "The wedding starts at 3pm, and it's 10am now, we should really get a shift on."

Without warning, Jane's face switches to a neutral expression, dropping the fork onto the table and abandoning her perfectly good pancakes, "Let's get ready!"

Little did I know that the 'getting ready' part took numerous hours. My patience was tested severely. I won't go into traumatic detail, for my sake and my sake only.

"You look beautiful Jane." Val smiles, admiring the woman standing in front of a mirror, her hair curled to rest upon her shoulders, make-up looking natural and soft, and her dress a wintry white, sure to grab her the attention of the room. Which I suppose is the point-

A knock at the door grabs our attention, Nat peaking out of the room to have a word with the guests (otherwise as security to ensure Thor can't see Jane) before they come in fully.

"This... I never expected." a brunette woman smiles, her geekish glasses covering her widened eyes, "You look amazing."

Hugs, squeals, cheers of delight. Midgardian women things. Overall, I've learnt her name is 'Darcy! Darcy! Darcy!', and she's, 'Oh My God! You're here!', yeah she's here.

"Thor is one lucky guy." says the older looking man, named Erik Selvig, from the doorway.

"Get out, pervert?" I demand, glaring at the crusty old fossil-of-a-man.

"(Y/n), could you be quiet for one second-"

-

"Miss (Y/n), would you please take your place." a 'dapper' man requests, directing me to a place in the aisle among the bridesmaids.

"Is it too late to shoot myself?" I whisper through a gritted smile.

"Let Jane have her day. You can shoot yourself some other time." Val suggests, all of us waiting for our cue to move.

"Well I won't want to shoot myself at that poin-"

Out of nowhere, the gentle sound of a piano drifts through the room, Nat nudging me forwards to lead the group of women.

Never have I ever been so embarrassed and ashamed of myself in all my days of living. The dress is like... a light purple ('pastel purple' as Jane called it, not a Thanos purple), my hair in a plait and, y'know what, I'm sure you can imagine the torturous outfit Jane concocted for me.

I refused to wear it until Thor came and gave me a lecture about his and Jane's special day and how it would mean the world to them blah, blah, blah.

I walk down the aisle, attempting elegance, and make it to the front, Loki holding out his hand for me to join him.