Chapter 68: We're Different

"Alright." Tony began, "Explain. Who are you, why are you here, are you gonna kill us. You don't have to answer specifically in that order, but it'd be nice-"

"Tony... let me handle this." said Steve, earning a glare from Stark, "I'm Steve Rogers, we're the Avengers. If you could please just explain your story and we can all settle down."

"Thank you, Mr Rogers and Mr, um... Mr Tony." she began, "My name is Skadi, and I am (Y/n)'s mothe-"

"Adoptive." I interject.

"Yes..." Skadi continues, "As I'm sure you're aware, I am married to King Njord of Vanaheim, and I am the mother of Freyr and Freya..."

"Excuse me? You're son pulled the whole snap stunt sh*t!!??" yelled Bruce, "Why are you here!?"

"I'm here to make peace with you folk, and my daughter, (Y/n). I can assure you, I have no hostile wishes." she says.

Tony pats Bruce on the shoulder and moves towards the woman, "So... your cool?" he asks.

Steve whispers something into his ear and he rolls his eyes, "Yeah- no sh*t." Tony mutters.

"(Y/n), I need to pass the throne to you." she says, looking at me.

"Haha, I beg your pardon?" I ask.

I can feel Loki's arm wrap around my waist, trying to keep me calm, but also to hold me in place so I don't attack this woman.

"My time to join your father is nearing,  and now that you and Odin's boy have found each other, you're ready." she says.

"Odin's boy?" asks Thor, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, the prophecy of course." she says, as if its obvious.

"Okay, people keep mention this DAMN prophecy, and just decide NOT to mention what the F*CK it ACTUALLY IS." I yell.

"I can explain, once you're calm." she says.

Swear to God, the AUDACITY of this woman-

"CALM DOWN?" I shout.

Loki quickly picks me up and carries me out of the room as I squirm and fight against him.

"hey hey hey, darling, you're really not helping anything in there, let Tony and Steve and the others handle it, okay? We can chill out here until we've made sense of it all." he says, calmly, putting me down.

"Why did she come? Why would she ever show her face to me ever again!?" I shout, a tear sliding down my cheek, "I haven't seen her in YEARS, I haven't seen her since I used to get bullied by my siblings and their friends, and since I was last in line to the throne, which is the reason they made me INFERTILE and NOW SHE WANTS ME TO RULE! We have Jotunheim, and Peter, and the guys to take care of! And-"

He cuts me off with a tight hug and I stop my rant, letting myself cry into his shoulder.

"Why is it always us?" I whimper.

"You know why." he says, holding me close and stroking my hair, "Because we're different. But you know what? We're here. Aren't we? We're alive, we have our friends here, our family, we don't need kids, we have Niklaus and Adriana, and we have Peter, and we have each other. Okay? We have things to look forward to! A huge, long life to lead. And yeah, you haven't seen the lady in there for years. Whilst she's stayed the same on Vanaheim, we've changed. Darling, I remember the first time I met you, at that dinner table on Asgard. Back then, you were different. You didn't speak your mind, you kept mostly to yourself, until you showed me who's boss and we beat each other up in training. I remember how we had our first kiss on Thanos's ship, and how we met the Avenger's the second time, pretending to steal the tesseract. I remember how we went through space to find the soul stone, and were viciously fighting to sacrifice ourselves. I remember us mourning Jane, how your seatbelt broke and you had to sit in my chair. Darling, I could go on for hours, but I remember every part of our journey, and I especially remember everything we went through, having to be apart after the snap. How we had to deal with your crazy family, then we had to then deal with MY crazy family. But I love you for you. I love you even with all of your scars, all your heartbreak, with all your outbreaks and attitude, I love you. That woman out there, doesn't know you for you, she doesn't know you like I do. She knows the princess of Vanaheim, last in line for the throne, a frost giant, not one of them, different, but still her daughter. I know you as the groundbreaking Goddes of Mischief, my Queen of Jotunheim."

I'm sobbing into him now, my legs feeling weak and leaning my entire body weight onto him. He walks us both over to the couch and lies us down as I clutch to him like a koala. I cuddle into him and he wipes my eyes of any tears, kissing my forehead.

"Thank you." I whisper.

He smiles at me sadly and that's all I see before closing my eyes.

-

I wake up in my own bed, the darkness of the night streaming through the open curtains and Peter doing homework at the desk. I sit up and sigh, looking around the room for Loki, but not having any luck.

"Peter." I say.

He jumps out of his skin and turns, staring at me like a deer in headlights.

"(Y/n)! God, you scared me-" he wails.

I chuckle and smile at him, "What time is it?" I ask.

"Uhhh, 2am I think?" he says.

"What? Why are you up?" I ask.

"Um, I forgot about my homework and you know when like, when you're going to bed you go OH SHIT I HAVE CHEMISTRY HOMEWORK- so then you freak out and do your homework at like, midnight?" he asks.

"Um, not really, but I get the idea..?" I say, unsure.

"Oh well, um, thats what happened." he says.

"Where's Loki?" I ask.

"Umm he's with Thor, but he said that if you wake up I should tell you to eat some food and chill." he answers.

"Oh. Um, okay? Where's Thor though? So I can find them and join them." I say.

"Oh yeah, um, I can't let you do that. You can't like, find them." he says.

"Okay... that's suspicious. Why?" I ask.

"Boy... stuff." Peter says.

"Riiight.... okay? I'll find them somehow." I say.

"Um, okay, just get some food, because Loki will be mad otherwise." says Peter.

"Okay, thanks Pete." I smile, getting up and leaving the room.