Chapter 8: An early Leave

After being shoved away by Loki, I slump back down onto my bed. Now with nothing else to do, I ignore my thoughts, shut my eyes and finally manage to drift asleep.

It wasn't an amazing sleep, but it was a solid 6.5 out of 10.

"(Y/n). Lady (Y/n), wake up." whispers Thor, gently rocking my shoulders to ease me awake, "It is time to leave."

I open my eyes slowly, noticing Thor, Valkyrie and Jane already up and dressed. With a tired sigh, I sit up and pick my shoe up from the from, and throw it in Loki's face.

He jolts upwards in his bed and looks straight at me, "Honestly, how childish can you be?" he glares.

I laugh quietly and with the wave of my hand, I'm wearing my armour- Loki doing the same.

"We must go." Thor says, gesturing for all of us to follow his lead out of the room.

We quietly walk to the rooftop, careful not to wake the other residents of the tower at such an early hour.

Upon reaching the roof, I smile, admiring the wondrous Midgardian city below- the view is truly amazing from this height.

"We need a ship." Valkyrie remarks, "Where do we get a ship on Midgard?"

"S.H.I.E.L.D Headquarters. I'm pretty sure they'll have one or two somewhere." Jane suggests.

"And how do we get there?" I ask.

"Well... there is one way." Jane says, deep in thought.

-

"These." Jane smiles, showing us two motorbikes in Stark's private garage.

"And you're certain metalman won't notice they're gone?" I question.

"He will, but we'll be too far gone for him to do anything about it." Thor explains, "Jane, you can join me on this vehicle and, Valkyrie, you can sit in this adorable little seat on the side." Thor smiled, mounting the motorbike with a little side seat attached to it.

Loki mounted the other bike with ease as I realise I'm supposed to get on the motorbike with him.

"How am I supposed to get on that thing when Loki's taking up the whole seat?" I ask, unhappy with the idea of having to squeeze onto the two-wheeled vehicle with him.

"You have to get on behind him, and hold him tightly." explains Jane.

I groan and step towards the bike, poking Loki.

"Move forward." I complain, watching him try to shuffle further onto the bike.

"Just bloody get on it will you." he huffed, very much irritated by me at this point.

I sigh and mount the motorbike, sitting right behind Loki, nearly on the edge of the seat.

"Get closer, Lady (Y/n), or you will fall off." advises Thor.

I move closer to Loki, frowning at the closeness.

Without warning, the motorbike plunges forwards, Loki driving away quickly and noisily. Losing my balance, I instinctively latch onto Loki, my hands wrapped around him tightly.

"Clingy much?" he laughs, gaining speed.

"Reckless much?" I yell back, feeling my stomach doing somersaults as he drives faster than any other vehicles on the road.