Chapter 44: Wedding Bells

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Go away."

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Go, away!"

Kno-

"Swear to the fucking Gods- who is it, and what is so important?" Loki shouts.

"Stop ignoring me!" Nat's voice calls.

"I'm not!" Loki defends.

"So what, 'go away' is supposed to be inviting?"

"Depends how you interpret it."

Tired of the yelling through the door, I slap Loki's bare torso, shushing him.

"Hey, (Y/n), I know you're in there too. Don't ignore me." Nat continues, trying the door.

A few seconds of silence later, the door swings open to reveal the angry red haired woman, arms folded and wearing a scowl as she storms into the room, not caring to consider respecting anyone's privacy.

"Nat!" I jump, sitting up in the bed.

"Oh- wait, when did this happen?" she questions, scanning the scene before her.

And, to be fair, I can understand her presumption. Legs tangled in the bed, messy hair, a shirtless Loki and me sporting a black tank top.

There's only really one idea you can get from that.

"This didn't happen." I confirm.

"That doesn't make sense." she reasons.

"We're... friends."

"Who sleep with each other." Nat argues.

"Well yeah?" I shrug, "Harmless, isn't it?"

"You're trying to convince me that you're having 'harmless' sex wh-"

"Sex!" I yelp, "Pardon?"

"Who mentioned anything about sex?" Loki questions, sitting up with me and staring at Nat.

"Oh. Ohh. You were- oh. You were actually just sleeping with each other." she laughs, finding the misunderstanding amusing.

Unlike me and Loki who find the misunderstanding far from amusing.

"Is that so hard to believe?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

"Either way, (Y/n), Jane wants to talk to you about wedding stuff." Nat says, Loki huffing and lying his head back down on the pillow.

"Wedding? Already? They literally just got engaged last night." I retoet, confused.

"It's not my wedding, don't ask me." she shrugs, "Just get up. You too, Loki. Up."

"I hope you fall down the stairs." Loki glares, earning a laugh from Natasha as she leaves.

"I'm not getting up."

"It's your brother. Get up." I order.

"You're closer to them than me." he scoffs, lying back down, "And this is my bed. If anybody is kicking anyone out, it's me kicking you out."

"Aw, but you don't want me to g-"

Before I finish, I'm kicked off the bed and slam onto the hard wooden floor, groaning.

He kicked me off!

"It's your niece or nephew!" I add, "Get your greasy ass up!"

I stand up and shove him off the bed, the bedsheets going with him as well as a pillow he latched onto upon his exit.

"Revenge is sweet." I smirk, walking to the wardrobe to put a jumper on over my tank top.

"Oh you're so funny. Real comedian this one." Loki scoffs, walking into the bathroom, allowing me to slyly admire his chest as he passes.

Not in a that way. I guess.

"Bye, I'm going to make myself useful." I say, heading to the door.

"Makes a change." Loki smirks, watching me leave as he enters the bathroom.

"Oi!" Jane huffs, "Took you long enough!"

"I share a room with a crispy slug, leave me alone." I reason, enjoying my creative nickname for Loki (I'm starting to see why Stark does it so much, though I struggle to understand his references).

"Right, well, I want wedding planning to start right now. We're getting married in two weeks." she explains, my smirk faltering.

"I beg your pardon?"