Chapter 21: Arguing and Fighting

"Well they needed somebody to win- otherwise it'd be pointless." Loki states.

"Yes, but the point was already defeated when the two of them pulled out those berries. The capitol could have dealt with it in two ways: 'look, you can beat the system' or 'show no mercy'. If there intention was to threaten, then they should have killed them both." I argue.

"Either way, there'd be uprisings." Peter adds, entering the room.

"The child has a point." Loki nods.

"I'm not a child." Peter glares.

"And I'm Queen of Asgard." I scoff, smirking at him.

"Okay. But even with the uprisings- that gave Panem hope. They were practically slaves to the capitol." Loki bargains.

"That hope got nearly everyone killed." I add.

"Nearly everyone." he smirks.

I look at him with a playful glare, "You're going to be the death of me, Laufeyson." I laugh.

"I'm counting on it." he smiles, getting to his feet.

"We'll see who gets there first." I mumble.

"What?" Loki asks, stopping his movement towards the kitchen and turning to face me.

"Nothing." I dismiss.

"You think someone else is gonna be the death of you?" he questions.

"Purple titan. Kinda sadistic. Somewhat psychopathic. Ring any bells?" I add.

"You're kidding, right?" he glares.

"No."

I hold eye contact with him for what feels like hours, watching his mind tick.

"You're not going to die." he says, finally.

"You don't know that." I snap.

"I do."

"Bullshit." I glare, "Face it, Loki. This plan? This battle? We are doomed to fail."

"How cowardly of you." he retorts.

"I prefer the term realistic." I answer.

He grips my arms tightly within his grasp, staring me straight on.

"Listen well, (Y/n). You are not going to die. Not on my watch." he snaps, "If other people have to die at your expense, then so be it. Call me selfish. Call me cold, harsh, self-interested. Call me a madman. It doesn't matter to me any more. I do what I want, I get what I want."

"And what is it you want, hm?" I ask, "You wanted to rule Asgard. Then Midgard. And now  you want to rule me. Tell me, how many of these events have you succeeded with so far?"

"Yet after falling so many times, here I stand." he responds.

"You're an idiot." I glare.

"You're stupid." he retaliates.

"Shit-head."

"Horse brain."

"Fuck-face."

"Dip-shit."

"Man whore."

"Slu-"

"Enough!" booms a demanding voice, echoing through the living room, "Must you irritate all with your consistent squabbling?"

"Odin." Frigga hushes, "Let me deal with them."

"Mother-" Loki begins.

"Not a peep from you." Frigga demands, "Sit. Both of you."