Chapter 31: I Apologise

The journey back from Jotunheim was painfully long, noise and chatter echoing with the numerous people onboard.

I look past Loki beside me at Stark and Steve bickering about something pathetic as usual.

"Your father said we would have a flying car." Steve says.

"Yeah? Well he says a lot of things. Trust me. Most of them aren't true." Tony retaliates.

Before I can listen to Steve's reply, Loki pushes me back against my seat and looks at me expectantly.

"What?" I ask.

"We need to discuss what we're going to do about Vanaheim and Midgard's war." Loki states.

"Tony said he's worked out time travel. That's what we're doing. Who isn't listening now, hm?" I mock.

"Who said we were on their side?" he asks.

"Are you serious?"

"Niflheim, Alfheim and Vanaheim are all on the same side against Midgard. Midgard have a huge disadvantage, to bring Jotunheim onto Midgard's side would make it three versus two, and I don't like the sound of those odds." he explains.

"Our loyalties lie with the Avengers." I snap.

"Our loyalties lie were I, the king, say they lie. And I'm telling you, we are choosing the winning side." he bargains.

"Midgard have an excellent force of guardians, the Avengers. They also have the favour of Asgard, so that makes two. With Jotunheim, it'll be three against three, and with our time travel infinity stone plan, we're destined for victory." I argue.

"Are Vanaheim not going to attempt that too? A way of collecting them? They've witnessed the true power of those stones and-"

"Loki. Enough." I tell him, "You trust Thor, correct?"

"Yes. But only because he is too dim-witted and optimistic to suspect me of any betrayal- I know he won't betray me first, therefore I can trust him." he explains.

"Loki. Listen to yourself, you sound mad, quite honestly." I huff, "We take the side of Midgard and Asgard. If their time travel theory does not prove successful, then fine. We will discuss our options. Agreed?" I suggest.

"I don't take orders from you."

"No, you don't. I'm your advisor, so you take my advice. That is my advice." I say.

"Fine." he sighs, "But the second something goes wrong, we join Vanaheim."

"Whatever." I dismiss.

I ignore his eye roll directed towards me and lie back in my chair.

"Brother, (Y/n)." Thor says, sitting in the seat across from us, "I have some questions I wish to ask you both."

"Go on. Make it quick." Loki drawls.

"Well, I was wondering how you managed to teleport to Jotunheim?" he asks.

"Don't know- next." Loki answers.

"Brother, magic like that is not ordinary- you of all people understand that. I'm sure you yourself are wondering how you managed that." Thor adds.

"I am." I cut in, "I want to know how we managed that."

"Mother will have a logical reason for it." Loki says, "Ask her, Thor, then report back to (Y/n) with your answer. If that is all, you may return to your 'friends'." Loki says.

"Brother-"

"You are dismissed, Thor." Loki snaps.

With a silent nod, Thor stands up and heads back towards the others as I glare at Loki.