Chapter 60: Sakaar

"I'm hungry." sighed Peter, kicking a rusty can across the floor.

"Well, I'm sorry Peter but if we starve, we're definitely eating you first." I tell him.

"What!?" he yells.

Loki rolls his eyes and chuckles, "What a way to spend your birthday."

"We should've packed a suitcase before we came." said Peter, "We could've had cake, lego, drinks, pillows, video ga-"

"Hey." said a voice.

The three of us turn to the direction of the voice, finding a young blonde woman looking at us.

She holds her hand to her ear, speaking into an earpiece.

"Yeah, this is scrapper #48, I got three suspects over here." she says.

"Who are you?" asks Loki, standing up and holding one of the bloody daggers towards her (one of the ones that were stabbed into our sides).

"Hey, chill. I'm helping you out." she says, "Put down the sword."

Sword? That's not a sword.

"You mean dagger?" I question.

"Pardon?" she asks, confused.

"Who are you?" asks Peter.

"Scrapper #48. You can call me Esme." she smiles, "You're Asgardian, correct?"

"Yes." I answer, quickly, not needing to go into the complicated details, "We're trying to get home. To Asgard. You said you're here to help us, right?"

"I can't get you back to Asgard." she says, shortly, "Nobody escapes this place."

"And where is this place exactly?" Loki asks.

"Sakaar." Esme replies, "I could turn you in to the Grandmaster. He'd love you three. But... perhaps I could let you off a little."

"The Grand-who?" asks Peter.

She turns and steps onto her ship, which she parked nearby.

"You coming?" she asks.

Loki and I share a look and he nods, signalling for us to follow her.

"C'mon Peter." I whisper, telling him to follow us.

"Who is she? We can't trust her." said Peter.

"No. We can't. But, if you'd rather rot away in that pile of dirt, then be my guest." answered Loki.

We get onto the ship and take a seat in the 'living room' area.

"So, Esme. Who are you, what do you want and what are you planning with us?" asks Loki.

"Let me explain." she nods.

And that's exactly what she does.

Sakaar has some kind of weird... system.

The GrandMaster is the head of it all, owning and running some sort of sick game.

He has a 'champion' in which he gathers 'contenders' to fight against. Nobody has ever won, but if they did, they would be allowed off of the planet.

"The Grandmaster... he's crazy." Esme explains, "He's womanising, careless, self-centred, selfish, but also  very useful once you get on his good side."

"And how do we do that?" asks Peter.

"Well.. there's a few things. Firstly, you could present him a contender. Or you could..." she trails off.