Chapter 59: Not so Perfect

"It is upon us. Ragnarok." sighs Odin as we stand on the balcony.

"Ragnarok?" I ask.

"No, I put an end to ragnarok, I killed Surtur quite some time ago." says Thor, laughing.

"No. My life was all that held her back, but my time has come." says the old man.

"Who?" asks Jane.

"The Goddess of Death, Hela. My firstborn. Your sister." he explains, looking at the two brothers.

"W-what?" questions Thor.

Loki looks at his mother, who nods sadly.

"She draws her power from Asgard. Once she gets there, her power will be... limitless."

"We can fight her, face her together. We've done it before and we'll do it again." says Thor, confidently, "Right guys?" he says, looking at the Avengers.

"No, this you must face alone. It's my time to go." sighs Odin, "I love you my sons. I love my queen. I love my grandchildren. I love my daughter-in-laws."

Frigga puts her hand to her chest in realisation, tears forming in her eyes.

"You can reconnect with Sif and the Warriors Three on Asgard. I'm sorry that I've failed you all."

"Father, what are you talking about?" asks Thor.

Suddenly, his body becomes a shimmer of light and he fades away towards the sun. Me, Thor and Loki jump to our feet and stride towards where he went.

The Avengers all watch from behind, Peter taking off his party hat slowly.

Frigga lets out a small cry and brings her hands to her face. I turn to her and wrap her in a comforting embrace.

"No..." sighs Thor, Jane walking beside him, "It's okay." she comforts, "He's in a better place now."

"In Valhalla may he rest." I whisper to Frigga as she cries against my shoulder.

-Two Hours Later-

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"He was a terrible father." says Loki.

His head hangs low as he looks up at me, fiddling with his fingers.

"Come here." I whisper. He walks straight up to me and wraps me up in a big hug.

"I'm sorry this happened."

"Mother is broken." he says, "Thor is conflicted. The others are paying their respects. Peter's party is ruined. The twins are crying. And we've got some deadly woman destined to crush us all." Loki sighs.

"You've never been one to look on the bright side." I chuckle.

"(Y/n), if anything bad is to happen-"

"Shh." I shush him, placing a finger on his lips, "You've died like... five times. Whatever has happened in the past, we got through it. We'll get through this too." I assure him.

He nods and gives me a slow, sweet kiss. I close my eyes and feel his lips on mine, living fresh in the moment.

"Guys come on! She's here!" shouts Tony across the room, "STOP SMOOCHING!" he yells.

"Not time for jokes, Tony. Kids, come on." says Steve.

We nod and rush to the roof to see everyone standing there, staring at a black cloud.

A woman steps out and glares at us all.

She wears a skin-tight black outfit with green highlights and her hair is a jet black colour.