Chapter 32: Recklessness

"Stop." a voice calls.

My eyes open slowly- everything seeming as I had left it when I had fallen asleep.

Loki is still sound asleep, nobody else is in the room.

Weird.

Too tired to worry about it, my eyes close again in an attempt to get back to sleep.

"I beg of you... stop it."

There it is again.

Eyes open.
Nothing obscure.
Eyes close.

"No."

This time, the third time, I can't ignore it. I look around the dark room, still seeing nobody.

Then, a whimper. But it wasn't coming from the darkness within the room- but from the one place I didn't think it would be.

It was coming from Loki.

"I don't know where... where it is..." he mumbles, body flinching.

"Loki..." I whisper.

"Stop." he says, voice raising slightly within the silence, "No... no."

"Loki, wake up." I tell him.

Shaking, flinching, shivering- a nightmare most likely.

I rest my hand upon his shoulder gently, rocking him with care to aid him back to a conscious state.

"Loki?"

Again, nothing. The only reply being his quiet whimpering and endless muttering.

So, me being the idiot I am, I decide to slap him. Excellent planning- truly genius.

With a loud yelp, two large hands, Loki's hands, wrap tightly around my neck in a frenzied attack, the two of us tumbling off of the bed and slamming onto the hard floor.

"Loki!" I shout, pushing against him.

Eyes darkening and breath ragged, Loki pins me down to the floor by my neck, straddling me and trapping me under his weight.

"What in fuck's name are you doing?" I yell, pushing against him frantically with my arms.

Slowly coming to realisation, his grip loosens from my neck, face contorting to one of horror and shock. Breathing frantically, Loki looks down at me with guilt, regret and shame.

Before he can flee, I wrap my arms around the back of his neck and pull my body up, both of us meeting in the middle as I hug him warmly. For the first few seconds, he attempts to withdraw- but it doesn't take long for him to submit and relax within my hold, shoulders slumped, face buried in my neck.

"It's okay, you're okay." I whisper.

"I'm sorry." he mumbles into my neck, arms wrapped securely around me.

I find my hand moving up to stroke his hair, running my fingers through it gently to ease him.

"Do you want me to get Thor? Frigga?" I ask.

He withdraws from the hug slowly, looking at me with a sorrowful gaze.

"No, I'm sorry. I wasn't expecting one tonight." he says.

"Are they normal for you?" I ask, genuinely, "Night terrors?"

"To an extent." he says, chuckling faintly.

"But are you okay?"

"Me? Fine, yes. Are you? How is your neck?" he asks.

"Nono, I'm completely fine. I just... what were you dreaming about?" I question.