Chapter 39: We Meet Again

-Loki's POV-
(From the perspective of Loki)

I bang my fists relentlessly against the security door before slamming my body into it full force in an attempt to break through it.

"Thor, you're bigger. You try." I quip, looking to my older brother expectantly.

"You're being ridiculous, I'm not ramming against that door." Thor scoffs, leaning against the wall.

"Let us in!" I shout, smacking the door again.

"Loki." Thor snaps, grabbing the back of my collar to tug me away from the door, hands on my shoulders, "Calm down. We can wait."

"Don't tell me to calm down you festering mealworm!" I snap, "What if she turns up, looks around, and I'm not there? Hm?"

"It will be okay, brother, I assure you-"

As he speaks, the security door slides up quickly, Scott Lang on the other side, "Hurry up, come on." he says, waving us in.

I walk in swiftly, joining the rest of the team where they stand, waiting behind Bruce and Stark- the two of them pressing buttons and 'doing their thing'.

I look ahead of the two geniuses to see a large, white platform with a vertical rectangle standing tall upon it in the centre. The rectangle fizzes and buzzes as lots of complicated machinery around it begins whirring and beeping.

"Approaching system launch in 10... 9..." Bruce announces.

I feel Valkyrie hold my hand from beside me, looking at me nervously. I nod my head in reassurance and grip her hand tightly, watching the scientists work their magic.

"It's gonna be okay, right?" she whispers.

"Of course." I assure, trying to convince myself of the fact too.

The lights reach their maximum capacity and a flurry of noises erupt from the machine, Bruce counting still.

"3.. 2.. 1.. everybody down!" Bruce yells.

The large group of us immediately dive to the floor, my hand leaving Valkyrie's as I cover my head.

A large bang crashes through the air, a wave of nervousness coursing through my veins.

And then, silence- only the piercing ring in my ears heard among the quiet. Few rise to their feet as I lift my head up to scan the room, nobody new in sight.

"Did we do it?" Scott asks.

"Well, Tony? Bruce?" Steve urges.

"How am I supposed to know? We only know when we see the people who are back." Tony replies, as if it was obvious- which it kind of was.

"Well, we don't see our guys." Steve says, with a sigh.

"We can always try again." Thor nods, "Maybe it just needed a warm up?"

"If it didn't work the first time, it's not going t-"

"Everyone shut up." I say, looking over at the 'Time Heist' machine from our mission to get the stones- only to notice a red-head figure standing upon it.

"Guys." she calls, looking over to the group.

"Oh my god." says Steve, walking swiftly over.

"It worked." muttered Tony, smiling widely, "Do you see this, Banner?"

"I see it." Bruce smiles, both making their way over to the woman.

"Natasha!" Thor smiles, hugging her, "You're back!"