Chapter 6: Some Kind Of Welcome

Sitting in our room, I look at the lack of distance between the beds and sigh. It's not like I could move further away either. Then I'd be closer to Jane and Thor, and I do not want to know what they do in the night.

"Do the beds have to be that close?" I ask Thor.

He looks at our beds and laughs loudly, "Unless you can magic another free bedroom, then that is all the space you have."

"Wish I could get a magic fucking bedroom-" I mutter.

Loki exits the bathroom, sitting on his bed cosily. The perfect opportunity for a verbal attack.

"You better not snore." I complain.

"The only noise that will be heard tonight is me choking you while you sleep." he said, smirking.

I roll my eyes, smirking.

"That's a tad too kinky for me. But, whatever floats your greasy boat." I laugh.

"I just washed my hair, imbecile." he retaliates.

"Greasy."

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"Hey guys, can I come in?" asks a voice.

Thor opens the door and smiles, "Bruce! Come in, come on!"

Thor moves aside to let him in, as he looks around at the room.

"Pepper made dinner, so- uh- when you are ready, get dressed into some.. nice clothes and, uh, I'll see you downstairs." Bruce says, awkwardly.

"Thank you, we will be down in a moment." smiles Jane.

Bruce nods his head and walks away, leaving the five of us alone again.

"Make sure you look nice. Loki, perhaps a colour other than black?" Thor suggests.

"No."

"Is it a formal dinner?" I ask.

"Yes, it must be some sort of greeting party. Wear something nice." Thor said.

I nod and, with a little help from my magic, I'm wearing a wonderful green and black dress. Thor wears a simple tuxedo, whilst Loki, unsurprisingly, is wearing a full black suit. Which, as disappointed as I am to admit, he looks very good in.

Jane wore a lively purple dress, whilst Valkyrie wore a simple white dress, both looking very beautiful.

"Is everyone ready?" asked Thor.

He inspects our outfits and nods, "Come on then." he calls.

He leads us over to a table full of well-dressed Avengers. There are enough empty seats at the end of the table for us all to sit down, me sitting next to Valkyrie and Jane, with Thor and Loki sitting beside each other across from us.

"So, what brings you here, Thor?" asked Bruce.

"Well," he starts, "My father, Odin, has asked us to build a truce with Midgard and fight beside you to earn your trust, now that you are aware of the realms around you- we want to ensure there are no wars." explained Thor.

"Smart guy." nodded Stark.

"Tony, he is King of Asgard and protector of the nine realms, if he wasn't a smart guy, I'd be worried." said Steve.

"When are we going to fight?" asks Loki.

"For once I agree with the donkey, when can we fight someone?" I say.