Brief Background

After the Independence when the Britishers left India, they took with them the monarchy and gave us another form of ruling the country that is democracy. The power and position of kings were no longer recognized but that does not mean that there are no royalties. It just means they are no longer rulers, but their lifestyle is no less than that of a royal. They no longer rule the land but still hold the prestige and the titles attached to their names. Living their lavish lifestyle, having servants at their beck and call twenty-four seven and all the other luxuries one can think of. The only thing that differs now is their source of revenue. The former kings and rulers have entered the business field for the generation of revenue instead of depending on the taxes from the commoners and wealth conquered in wars. Many have turned their one of many palaces or a part of their palace (which is still a lots of acres of land) into lavish hotels (costing an arm and a leg from customers) trying to portray and carry forward the cultural heritage of their rule. Such places have become a great source of revenue generation due to the new culture of destination weddings at such places to give a glamorous and royal look to the wedding and the tourist attraction for such experience of royalty and the royal name and presence attached to it just acts as a cherry on top.

Such is the life of Prince of Ajmer, Jai Singh Rathore who is now the heir to one such hotel chain with one of its hotel at the outskirts of Ajmer, Rajasthan known as The Royal Regal Palace which has now started expanding to other places in India too. Jai alongside his father looks after the business built by his grandfather, Mahendra Singh Rathore after the independence and has worked hard to get his Hotel business reach new heights. Having owned more than one palace, Mahendra Singh Rathore decided to turn the palace near the outskirts of Ajmer as a tourist spot and later it was turned into a hotel by his son and Jai Singh Rathore's father, Uday Singh Rathore along with the other palaces. The young prince is the actual definition of a gentleman who is not arrogant about his status or looks and has worked hard to prove himself capable of handling the business as the new CEO. He knows how to show people their real place and hates superficiality. He is the most eligible bachelor in the country. He is 28 and in no hurry to tie the knot as of now and wants to devote his time to his business and family that is his topmost priority.

Maira Kapoor, a budding lawyer, is currently working under the best corporate lawyer in the country, Advocate Vijay Singh who is impressed by this young girl and her dedication towards her profession. He wants her to achieve everything she wants in life and is ready to help her in every possible manner. He thinks of her like her own daughter but treats her strictly in order to prepare her for the cruelty of this world. She has been working under him for three years now and has left no stone unturned to prove herself at every step of her journey. She does not fit in the beauty standards set by the society because she is healthy, quite fair but chubby cheeks, brown eyes, dark brown hair, and an intimidating personality. One might find her cute from far but not lovable due to her weight. Being an "ugly girl" and trying to become a famous lawyer, her struggles are not hidden from anyone. These struggles and her trips to court rooms for even the pettiest of issues has turned her into an inhumane person for whom sarcasm is the first and only language. No one tries to uncover the girl beneath the hard rude exterior craving some love and attention. For the world she is an outspoken, rude, and a sarcastic person with whom no one would be interested to interact. The introverted and reserved nature of Maira has made it hard for her to let people in and trust them. She has drowned herself into her work trying to become the most famous lawyer in the country. She did succeed in achieving the first step on her way which was working for the biggest name in the lawyering profession, and at 27 marriage is the last thing on her mind.

Crossing paths for them will be quite interesting with Jai's clam and composed personality and Maira's sarcastic and hard-headed personality. In this entanglement of destinies both are bound to fall in love. One will learn to open themselves and let others in even if it means being more prone to hurting yourself and other will learn to embrace people as they are. Many life lessons are to be learned on this journey of friendship, marriage, and love. Will these two embrace the lessons that life teaches them or give up in the middle is to be seen. So, join them in this fun and beautiful journey.

_________________________________________

Hey guys!! I hope you all will enjoy this story. This is my first attempt to write a story. All the support and love is much appreciated.

Please vote, share and comment!!