Part 1- Hello Doctor!

Dr. Regan over there! Enjoy!

"Miss Coleman, the doctor will now see you"  the nurse announced. Finally, she whispered to herself. It had seemed like ages since she had been waiting to see her doctor for what she hoped would be her last follow-up appointment with him.

It all already seemed too familiar to her, perhaps, even disturbingly familiar, the puking smell of the disinfectants, the silent, yet loud whispers of the other patients and family of patients who awaited their fates, or perhaps the fates of their loved ones.

Grabbing her bag and other essentials, she stood up and walked into the room she had already known too well, albeit now, it seemed—different.

"Have a seat Miss" he said with his back turned to her while he ruffled through what looked like her files.

"Um—I'm sorry, I don't know...I think I might have walked into the wrong room" she said with a scrunched face.

"What do you mean? You are Maldives Coleman, aren't you? he asked, finally looking at her and taking in her view for the first time.

She wasn't at all what he had expected.

When he skimmed through what her medical files said, he had assumed that she would have a different appearance, considering what she was coming to the hospital to do, not that he knew why his imaginations led him to envisioning someone with a totally different look, but she was far from what he had imagined her to be.

With eyes like the safari sunset, her skin glowed like the caramel dawn of the desert. She exhumed a feeling of warmth, yet appeared to have a bit of feistiness dancing in her eyes...and her hair? Beautiful tresses of curls that twined amongst each other until they rested on her shoulders.

"I—I am...and who are you?" she stuttered as she herself was not left out of the trance. He wasn't her doctor, nor was he your 'typical' everyday doctor.

She knew that she probably seemed a bit harsh in her judgment, but to her, he seemed too handsome to be a doctor. His eyes dazzled like the summer oceans, beards neatly trimmed like those Italian models one only saw on all those mens' health and fitness magazines, what's it called again???

"I'm Dr. Regan, your OBGYN" he said, pulling her back to reality.

"B-but you're not my doctor"

"What?"

"I used to be tended to by Dr. Wilson, is he not available?"

"Oh, that's what you meant. I'm sorry, but Dr. Wilson and I transferred and switched places, I'll be your doctor from now on"

"Transferred? Where's he now?"

"He's in LA. Sit on that bed" he said, rather sharply as he pointed to the bed beside the sonogram and put on his gloves.

What a rude jerk! I seriously will never understand why these doctors feel like they own the world pfft! She scoffed inside of her, while she lay on the examination bed.

Rubbing some gel on her belly, he grabbed the transducer and began examining her uterus, checking for possible tissues and remains. When he was satisfied with what he saw on the screen, he took his gloves off.

"You're all clear and can cease taking the antibiotics we prescribed for you earlier on"

"For real? You mean there's really nothing left now?" she asked with a sudden heaviness inside her throat.

He looked at her sternly, then nodded, "You can resume your normal daily routine, you have our number and can contact us if you ever feel the need to in case of an emergency, but I doubt there would be any, as I'm pretty sure you're all good now".