Part 22- Steam Blow.

Gerald up there guys👆🏾

This chapter is dedicated to oluwakemie 💓
Guys!!! I really appreciate you all sticking with us 🙏🏾
Please enjoy!

"Mal, I can't do this anymore, this—this distance between us both, it's got to stop...and I mean now!" she heard him say after he had barged into her office unannounced.

She looked up at him, not sure of what to say, but perhaps he was right, perhaps now was the perfect time to straighten things out with him.

The silence between the both of them had stretched for almost a week now, and even though at first, she thought she wouldn't have problems working in the same space as him without having to talk to him, it was already beginning to tear her apart.

"Gerald..."she started and sighed. Then stood out of her chair, walked over to him before continuing, "...I hope you do understand why I held so much anger towards you"

"Because I've been having an affair with your best friend"

"No, because you've been having an affair with my best friend without my knowledge...I really don't understand why you both felt you needed to keep it away from everyone—me in particular"

"I know I know, we messed up! I wanted to tell you, we both wanted to tell you—so bad, but we didn't know how you would take it. We didn't know whether or not you'd give your consent, and I guess we coward away, I'm really very sorry..."

"My consent? What am I? Your momma? Hahaha" she joked and he smiled a little. "Well, in this case, you kind of are"

"No no no, I'm not. I just felt betrayed by fact that you both felt the need to hide it away from me. I would have never discouraged it, cause you are both my friends, and if all of a sudden, you two decided you wanted to explore each others sexual organs, what could I care? After all, you're both consenting adults, what do you need my consent for?" she explained.

"Yeah, I guess you're right...I just thought that with our history, you wouldn't want—"

"Um no offence Gerald, but our history was fruitless, no fault of any of ours, it just didn't work out, and we agreed on that, didn't we?"

"Yeah—no lies, the vibes between us both was damn awkward" he said with a look of disapproval.

"See? Exactly! So why would I care if you were fucking my best friend? Which still sounds weird coming from my mouth, but okay hahaha"

"You're right, but I think you should know this, it's not just the 'physicality' of the relationship I'm interested in"

"Huh??? What are you saying?"

"I'm saying...I do like her—Brenda,I  like her a lot, but I—I don't know if she feels the same way about me"

"Wow....are you—are you saying you're in love?"

"Well, I don't know if I can call it love just yet, cause you know, we haven't really talked about the status of what we have, but I do like her a lot, and I'm open to having a commitment with her, if she is of course"

"Wow...life really is a mystery" Maldives exclaimed.

"What?"

"Oh no, don't get me wrong, I don't mean it that way, it's just—all the guys I've known Brenda to be with, have always considered her to be a little—you know—extra, so much so that Chris and I often wondered if she was ever going to be able to keep a relationship longer than a month, but now you're here, and you're saying all this, it makes me happy...really happy for her—for you both, cause I know you're a nice lad, and she—well, even if we're not exactly on the best notes, which is another thing I'm probably going to have to attend to soonest, I've gotta say she's got her moments, she is my best friend after all"