Part 36- Without You.

Thank you so so so much to all of you who sent prayers and well wishes to me and to the whole of Nigeria throughout the entirety of the #EndSARS and Police brutality in the country.

Lives were lost, properties destroyed...
Can't say we've healed, as the numerous blood shed will always be imprinted in our memories, but we hope that someday, 20th October, 2020, will hold its significance in our lives, as well as the lives of all others who've been victims of police brutality, not just in Nigeria, but in the world as a whole ❤🙏🏾🇳🇬🌍🌎🌏🌐

...And now, on this week's episode of 'Vannessa treats us to another round of unnecessary suspense'🤣🤣🤣

👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾👇🏾

"Hey..." Gerald called from behind her.

"Heyy, what's up?" she hollered back at him, as she filled her cup with freshly made cappuccino from the jug.

After such a pain-stacking morning of discussing business issues with Regina, she had decided that if she was ever going to make it through the rest of the day—or days working with her, she was going to need a truck load refill of the 'brown bean' as an aid.

"Wow, isn't that a lot of coffee for someone of your physique?" Gerald asked her whilst he watched her fill the huge mug in her hands with the liquid.

" Someone of my physique—yes, but someone with the kind of work pressure I'm under? No, I don't think so" she replied sarcastically and he chuckled, "Yo, I'm not even joking right now, but one of these days, I'm hella sure I'm gonna go down with a high BP! That woman drives me nuts!" she cringed in anger as she whispered the last parts to him.

"Yeah well, if there's anyone who can get through her, it's definitely you, cause believe me, it takes a whooole lot of strength to not melt under the sort of gaze the woman shoots, I literally almost always go 'hot butter' when she does that to me" he scoofed as Maldives made way for him to fill his own cup.

"You know I sometimes feel like her bark is more than her bite"

"Oh no no no, do not underestimate that woman, trust me!" he gestured with his index and she nodded, "Of course not"

"So, how you holdin' up?" he questioned knowingly and she rolled her eyes at him. "You know Gerald, you need to stop treating me like I'm some fragile uncooked egg, I am fine!" she stated in voice that suggested when needed no protecting.

"Hmm, you sure?" he probed further with a smirk and she snorted, "Yes I am! You talk like my whole life revolves around him, I am fine, totally okay" she announced and he stared at her intensely for some seconds, "What?" she asked.

"Have you spoken to him? I only ask cause it's been almost two weeks, and I'm only worried about you, you know I am" he furrowed with worry.

"I know..." *Sighs* "I can't say it's been easy, but I'm coping—and yes, we did speak some days ago. We've spoken about three times—plus, we text regularly" she explained as she remembered the first call they had after Rachel's wedding.

It had been the following day after, Sunday, and she had been rearranging her files and other necessities in preparation for the week, when her phone had suddenly rang from the bed side.

She had initially felt reluctant to get up from her bed and check for who it was, but had reconsidered her decision at the dying minute and ended up racing over at the last ring.

Furrowing at the sight of the foreign number with a different area code, she wondered who it might have been and slid the answer button to the right.