Part 10- Sand Castles

Thanks for sticking with us! Enjoy! 💓

You know how they say theres always a calm before the storm? That was exactly how Maldives had felt the instant those words escaped Rachel's lips. At first, she had felt numb, like her brain had gone into some sort of hibernation trying to process what Rachel had just told her, "...yes! He's back!" and then like an athlete who had run miles, she felt her heart race. Is he really here? Why is he here? What in heaven's name is he doing here?!...oh wait, that's right...he owns the company idiot!..but it's not like he could just comeback like he never left here in the first place...right?

"Earth to Maldives!"

"H-huh?"

"Jesus! Do you do that all the time? Drift away whenever someones talking to you about something juicy?"

"Wha-no, of course not, it's just I have a little headache, thats all"

"Yeah, always with the headache card, you know one of these days, you'll be having a real crisis but no one'll believe you if you're always claiming to have one each time someone finds you disconnected from a conversation"

"That's not true, I don't always 'claim' to have a headache, I do have these headaches"

"Uh-huh, tell me something Mal, are you not excited that Mr.Regan is back?"

"Of course I am...I mean I'm not 'excited', but I certainly don't despise the fact that he's back...I'm not bothered, don't have any reason to be"

"Hmm you know you are one weird girl, but anyways, weren't you on your way to Ms. Regan's office? For sure you're gonna see him in there, trust me, he's hot!" she winked.

"I know!" she said with a voice that sounded a little too enthusiastic.

"You do?" she asked surprised.

"Yea-no! I mean...I know he's good looking,, I saw him the other night at the dinner party"

"Oh yeah, that's true. Anyways, I'll catch up with you later okay?"

"Okay"

Pheeeww...that was close! She heaved a breath. Clinging to the files in her hands like her life depended on it, she made her way to Ms. Regan's office. It's okay Mal, nothing's gonna happen! Things won't at all be awkward...just act like nothing ever happened, the kiss never happened...it was just a kiss, it's not like you guys took a blood oath or something

"Miss Coleman?"

"H-huh?"

"Have you finally lost all sense of etiquette that you forget to knock?!"

"I-I'm sorry Ms. Regan, I don't know what I was thinking"

"It's alright aunt, apparently she has a habit of doing that" he said. It really is him...she couldn't believe it, after two months of dreaming, and having her underwear wet every night she thought of him, there he was, seated right in front of her, separated by only a few meters, and God is he awfully handsome!

He looked to have gotten a new hair cut, well, it does look like his former haircut, albeit the length, but it didn't do anything to change how good looking he was. If anything, he looked to have gotten even more handsome than the last time she saw him, but that wasn't the only thing she noticed had changed about him, his attitude had also changed.

He looked at her the same way he had done, that day at Mr. Rogers office, serious, intense and...indifferent. Maybe he's bipolar???...

"Miss Coleman!"