Part 35- Then and Now.

Hailey up there 👆🏾

As promised...
Segunda parte! 😏
Enjoy!!!

"...oh Honey, you don't know how happy I was when I found out you two are now together!" Rachel screeched through the phone and Maldives smiled back, "Yeah, I know right..."

It was Saturday mid-day and Maldives was currently nestled in her bed with her ordered carton of chicken barbeque pizza, while she sulked and face-timed with Rachel who was currently having her hair done for her wedding by the hairstylist.

Because that's what you do when your broke ass can't afford tickets to Germany, you sit and sulk...and feast on some good ol' strawberry and vanilla whipped cream...

"You know you really look beautiful in em curls, motherhood is gonna suit you perfectly well, I'm sure of it!" Maldives complimented, admiring her curled up blonde locks which were beautifully and stylishly secured in place with pins and flowers of all kinds.

She had not yet donned on her wedding dress, and was still in her white bridal satin robe, but knowing Rachel the way she did, Maldives knew the dress was sure to be a stunner.

"Thank you! You know I was initially really worried that curls would make my face appear fatter, cause you know this ball has got me weighing tons now..." she gestured at her tummy, then continued, "...I decided I'd just let it be, motherhood is a gift, as is baby fat so..." she shrugged and Maldives nodded, "Damn right it is!"

"Besides, Tiana is doing a really good job over here" she stated, looking up at the hairstylist who smiled down at her and offered a little wave to Maldives, which she returned.

"Oh Mal! Remind me again why you aren't here?!" Rachel pouted playfully, earning a chuckle from Maldives, "You mean remind you why my ass is broke?" she suggested jokingly and Rachel rolled her eyes at her choice of words."Oh well, you know I'm still wondering why Fai didn't offer to sponsor your trip over here, that's so unlike him" she furrowed.

"No no, you should know he didn't pay only because I didn't tell him. When he found out, it was already too late, and well, here we are"

"Yeah, I guess...but anyways, tell me, how's it been back at the office? I mean with Fai here in Germany, I know Regina now gets to be fully in charge so, I imagine it's pretty tensed up now huh?"

"Yeah, you have no idea, but oh well, it's Regina, we'll survive" she sighed and scooped a spoon of her ice cream.

Rachel glared at her disapprovingly "Okay, girl, you seriously need to stop that! Hello??? Pregnancy hormones here!!! You don't know how hard it's been for me to satisfy my pregnancy cravings at level that ensures that I don't end up being a mother with diabetes!" she whined and Maldives chuckled.

"No I'm telling you, by the end of this, I will be having love handles!" she threw her hands up in surrender and Maldives kept the cup of meting cream aside, "Okay, done, no more!"

"Thank you! *Sighs* but tell me something, honestly, how are you feeling?" Rachel asked, in a serious tone that Maldives didn't seem to understand.

"I'm okay I guess? Why, is something wrong?" she asked.

"Well you know...with Fai out of town, and knowing he's here with Hailey—"

"Wait—what?" she cut her short, to Rachel's confusion.

"What?" she asked.

"You said 'Hailey'....I don't understand...is she in Germany too?" she probed, scared of what her response might be.