Part 34- Hailey.

Hailey up there 👆🏾

Well well well, if it isn't me again 😂
Apologies everyone 🙏🏾
Can we just get back to where we stopped and act like nothing happened? Yes, good, thanks! 😆😜

"Fai would you let me explain—"

"Explain what, Regina?! How is it that Hailey Henderson is in my company at this time?!" Fai roared at his aunt.

He couldnt believe it, he simply couldn't believe it, what exactly had he done to the universe to deserve such a disaster-filled Wednesday?

As if rumbling through the crooks and corners of New Yorks traffic wasn't enough, he now had to continue the day with the presence of his arch nemesis?

How? How could he possibly function properly knowing that the very reason for his afore web of darkness and self-isolation was just doors away from his existence?

He couldn't, he simply couldn't.

Whatever it was that his irritation-inducing aunt had been thinking when she decided to invite that scrupulous bitch into the four walls of his company—he wasn't sure he wanted to hear it.

Even now as she was in his office, toiling after him in her bid to try to justify her actions, and make him see reasons why their company needed her, her voice only did nothing but spike up his annoyance even further.

"You need to calm down! Listen I know how you feel about her and you should know that I would never have her come here, not unless I was sure that the need was greater than the want" Regina chided at him.

The two were now at each others throats, speaking head to head with Fai standing behind his desk while Regina paced back and forth in front of him as she spoke

"Don't ask me to calm down Regina, don't you dare! 'Need'? What stupid need could there possible be?!" he demanded.

"The need for the contract! I don't know if you noticed, but the board has been casting an immense amount of pressure on us, the deal with China cannot fail!"

"And you don't think I know that?! Heck, I barely sleep lately because of this! Because of you all! But you still didn't believe in me when I told you I had it covered, did you?! No, you had to invite that—that snake into my company! And that's supposed to make me function better?!"

"Well, yes! You know her family has strong alliances with them, I thought maybe we could use that to our advantage" she tried reasoning with him but Fai was having none of it.

It's like the entire universe is fucking deaf to my internal plea! One day! Just one day of unnecessary drama and distress in this goddamn city, is that too much to ask?!" Fai roared as his voice thundered through the glass walls of his office.