Part 21- No Filters

Fai up there guys! 👆🏾

Guysss!!! I can't take you enough for sticking with me 🙏🏾🙏🏾🙏🏾
'You' reading this, the interest you've had thus far, has inspired me to keep writing, for that, I say a HUGE thank you💓
Please do well to share with friends!

This chapter is dedicated to iam_tessy

Enjoy!

"...don't worry, I already covered up for you a voice" said from behind her, and when she turned over to see to whom it belonged to, the first thing that crossed her mind was the very image she had been fighting so hard to forget.

"Gerald, didn't see you there" she swallowed.

"Yeah...so I—uh—I heard you got back from SA"

"You 'heard'? More like you saw, but okay"

"Right. Listen, I realize we have to talk, and I just want to—"he started explaining.

"You realize? Oh God, you're unbelievable" she shook her head and rubbed her temples.

"I know I know, and I don't know what happened—or how it happened, it just—"

"Gerald you know what? It's Monday morning and I don't think we should be having this conversation now"

"So then...when do you feel is best to have it?"

"I don't know—I don't know...later in the day...tomorrow...next week, I really don't know, but I'm not ready for it now, okay?
If you have any respect left for the friendship we have, or had, you will respect my decision and let me get to working, okay?" she stated and he swallowed.

"Okay" he surrendered, the defeat written all over him.

"Okay—and thanks, for covering up for me, with the lateness and all" she concluded before taking her leave.

Meanwhile, far above them, sixteen floors away, stood Fai, who had been curiously watching the expressions exchanged between Maldives and that dude that works in advertising, what's his name again? Gandhi—Geoffery? Ah forget it!

What could I care anyways? All that matters is the fact that by the look of things, things are certainly not okay with them, which can only mean good things for me right? If I could only read their lips...fuck it! Where's a genie when you need one!

But wait a minute...if they're having issues now, could it mean that they were good before? Really good? No no, she gave me her word, said he was just a friend, right??? Pull yourself together Fai! You don't own her you know! In fact, you shouldn't even—

"And may I ask what could possibly be troubling the mind of our dear esteemed boss?" a voice chimed, startling him from behind. He looked back and sighed upon seeing who it was.