Part 23- Steam Release.

Margaret Coleman up there 👆🏾
Welcome back guys! Let's dive right In...

"What???" she asked, as she pulled away from her. "You what???" Margaret found herself repeating, not sure she had heard her djaughter correctly the first time.

"Jeremih and I...we—we had a baby" Maldives bit her lip nervously as she awaited her mother's reaction.

"What are you—what are you even saying now? What do you mean???
You had a baby?! What baby?! And where's the baby?..."

"We lost the baby mum! We—we lost the baby, before we even had it" she sighed as she burst into tears.

"I don—I don't understand you right now Adaora...you are not making any sense at all right now!"

"What do you not understand?! I had a baby! We had a baby, Jeremih and I...but I had a miscarriage"

"You had a baby and you didn't tell me? Adaora Maldives Coleman, you got pregnant but didn't tell me?! How dare you?!"

"I'm sorry momma, I'm sorry! But I was confused! You were faraway, I was in my final year and I didn't know what to do!"

"I was faraway?! What happened to phonecalls?! Or texts?! Or emails?!Anything Adaora, anything?! I wasn't in Mars for crying out loud!"

"You weren't , but you had your own problems! We were having a hard time paying bills and all, and I—I didn't want to add to that! I knew you'd be disappointed in me for making such a huge mistake at a time in our lives when we couldn't afford one! I was scared you would hate me! Scold me—disown me even!"

"I would disown you?! Maybe I would have scolded you an—and reprimanded you for being pregnant, but I would NEVER! Ever disown you! You amongst everyone should know that!"

"I know I know momma, I'm sorry!" she cried as she pulled her now-sobbing mother close to her, longing for her embrace.

"I can't...I cant believe this Ada...why do you push me away?! You know more than everything, I want to always be there for you!"

"I know that momma, I'm so sorry" she kept sobbing as her mother held onto her tightly.

"Tell me, tell me everything...I want to know all that happened" Margaret said as she sat down back in her chair.

Maldives began talking, narrating everything that had transpired as they happened. From the timelines, to the subsequent events that took place, leading up to the miscarriage, and the aftermath of how she had to pick up the pieces of her life, heeding to Christian's advice and finishing up her education.

When she was done, Margaret was left dumbfounded. She didn't know what to say, or how to react to the fact that her daughter, her only family, had gone through all of that demise, without her knowledge.

"Momma please don't feel like you're a bad mother, because you're indeed the best mother in the whole world...If I messed things up, they're on my own account"

"But—"

"No, no buts, you owe yourself no guilt, I'm the guilty one here"

"No, no honey...it's no one's fault...I don't hate you for getting pregnant at a time when you weren't ready—cause who am I to judge? Me more than anyone else understands how demolishing it can be to get the news of a pregnancy at a time where you're not psychologically, mentally and financially ready for one, and I would never hate you for that.

Yes, I always wanted you to have a better future than I did, but if you had called me and said Momma, 'I'm pregnant, and I'm scared, I would never leave you, you know that right?"