Part 39- Blown Candles.

Trying to pay gratitude to my long time readers... So this chapter is dedicated to oluwakemie HazellHassan7699 maarze and bettylone

More dedications coming up ❤

No long stories lovelies, let's just get right into it...

Oh my God-Oh my God-Oh my God! no-no-no...I can't! I just..it's not possible!!! This isn't possible...

Maldives found herself mumbling, all the while she made her way back to her office.

She wasn't even sure she was walking-no, 'floating' is the word, I am floating! And I'm not even inside the waters!!!

It was like the whole world had gone silent. Like someone had suddenly hit the pause button on planet earth and everyone-everyone asides herself and her spiraling thoughts, had drifted into extinction, and now, she was slowly drowning.

How could he? For the love of God, how could he betray me like that?! Why have the heavens chosen to repay me this way?! I know I haven't exactly attended mass recently, but surely God, I'm still your daughter, right???

She sobbed continuously, not giving two cents about whether or not people stared at her.

"...Mal! Mal let's talk, we need to talk now..." she kept hearing a voice call from behind her. Whether or not the voice was real, she couldn't quite decipher, as she had been too caught up in her misery to care.

Finally, she arrived within the four walls of her office, and she let it all out. Whimpering endlessly, she found herself wincing and fisting in pain and sadness.

"Mal, come on now, don't do this please Hun, we need to talk!" Fai said from behind her, closing the door behind them before sauntering to where she was stood.

"Please..." he pleaded with her, touching her arms lightly, but she wasn't having any of it as she pushed his hands away almost as soon as they landed on her skin.

"You can't honestly be serious now-"

"No, YOU can't honestly be serious!" she bickered back at him, her eyes now welling with tears. The sight of her eyes all red and teary broke him terribly, and the realization that he was the very cause of her demise, shattered him.

He sighed. "Would you just hear me out? Please? Give me a chance to explain everything, what you saw back there was-"

"Was not what it seemed? Hmm? Is that what you're gonna say?" she sobbed.

"But it WASN'T! It really wasn't what it seemed like! Hailey and I-we are not together..."he insisted.

"Oh yeah, suddenly I'm the dumbest girl in the world! You and her are not back together, same way I'm the daughter of Obama, how's that? Does that sound true enough?! Huh?!"

"You are just-argh!!! What do I do with you Maldives?!" he retreated backwards, throwing his hands in the air in frustration as he paced back and forth the room.

"Well, good! That makes two of us, cause I also don't know what to do with you! With us!"

"You will not do anything to us, because you will hear me out!" he shot back at her and she scoffed. "It's always about you isn't it? And what you want"

'What? What are you even sayi-"

"I can't believe it! I just can't! To think that all this while, I was worried sick about you! Worried about how you were faring, how you were coping back in Frankfurt...here I was thinking you actually cared about me"