Part 38- At World's Ends.

Yayyyy, been a long time coming, but we're back!!!!
7k+ reads🤯 Amaziiiiinnnggg
Thank you all so so so much 🙏🏾

This chapter is dedicated to caslovessleeping

Let's get back to it guys!

Thursdays at the Regal Corp. were often just as tedious as Mondays—or maybe even more, as it was often the days when all sub-units had to turn in their reports for the week to their designated upper hierarchies, before the overall summary was edited and submitted for proofread.

Part of that also meant that Maldives had to check in with Fai—or rather, Mr. Regan, her boss—an action she had been dreading, since the dawn of the day.

Ever since their 'fun-not-so-fun' encounter on Sunday, they had successively avoided each other over the course of four days, with Fai using middle-men to deliver his messages across to her whenever necessary, and she, more cautious than ever not to cross paths with him at any point in time, especially during the ends of the days—when they most often ran into each other.

Of course, it didn't also help that Miss 'You-know-who' was in Regina's words 'back to aiding our acquaintance temporarily' and currently even had an office stationed very close to his.

And here I was thinking I was earth's favorite daughter pfft!

Hailey...she heard herself think out loud, as she recalled the first time she had ever really seen her upfront and had a conversation with her.

Maldives had found herself racing in back as she returned from her lunch break at a nearby restaurant, and had been totally oblivious of her surroundings.

Checking the time on her wrist watch, she cursed out loud when she realized she had been twenty-one minutes past her lunch break hour and began mumbling incoherent prayers to whoever listened, desperately hoping that no one, especially Regina, had noticed her absence.

But apparently, being the woman she was with only but a few luck to spare, she eventually accidentally crossed paths with Hailey during her flash-inspired waltz back in.

Dashing her way to the elevators, she hadn't exactly been thinking straight as immediately the doors had opened, she found herself jumping in hastily without checking to see who it was that the elevators had carried with it, which led to her bumping into Hailey with enough force that almost took them both down.

"Oh—I'm sorry, I'm really sorry, I didn't—" Maldives started to stay as she began picking up the files and documents she had unknowingly scattered all over the floor.

She paused.

Red bottoms? People wear red bottoms to work? Wow, the world really is a—wait a minute...

"I guess Regina was right when she said you really do tread in your own world" Maldives heard the lady say from above her. She tensed as she feared her suspicion had been accurate.

Clad in a carton-brown body-hugging knee length office skirt, gold silky button-up shirt and a pair of black red-bottoms, was no other than Hailey Henderson.

If there was one thing Maldives thought to be worse than the fact she currently looked like a weakling bowing at the feet of her mistress, it was the fact that she looked like 'a 'disheveled sweat-soaked weakling, trotting at the feet of her goddess-looking mistress'.

Of course, 'she' would wear red bottoms*snorts*

"I'm talking to you, Miss Coleman" she refuted, to Maldives' annoyance. I guess it's no wonder why she flocks with Regina. Yes, I said it: 'flock'!