Part 40- Remedy.

We're baaaaaackkkk!!!
Honestly, I can't believe we're at chapter 40! Never expected the story to go this far. Thank you all a bunch! ❤😭

This chapter is dedicated to iam_tessy Asha270 Jacquelinerq and dalivre1 you all inspire me to keep going!

More dedications coming up❤🙏🏾
Enjoy!!!

"Oh my God... I can't believe all of that really happened to you" Christian heaved as he cradled a weary-Maldives in his laps.

After the inexplicable series of unfortunate events that had unraveled themselves back at Regal Corp., Maldives found herself spending the days that followed in sheer wallow of self-pity and unending sulking.

Cursed, was what she was, else, how else do you explain the crazy attraction my life has had for disappointments lately???

It felt like someone had sprinkled some fairy dust of 'grace to grass' on her.

My village people perhaps??? She often found herself suggesting each time she had tried doing the maths in her head, and replaying visions of flashbacks, trying to figure out where she had gone wrong.

She eventually conceded to the thesis of ''life's normal plague of haps and mishaps', especially when she remembered that she couldn't exactly blame it on her mythical village people, as she was quite sure her ancestors and distant relatives in Nigeria probably didn't even remember her existence.

She had gone from hundred to zero; employed to unemployed, best-graduating student to office fraud suspect, not having to worry so much about bills, to having less than a thousand dollars to her name.

The little she had, had been the liquid form of dollar bills she had stored at home in case of emergencies, every other penny she owned, lay in her bank accounts which were currently frozen till all necessary investigation had been carried out.

It's been four days since then, and the last thing Maldives had ever expected to be doing on a Monday afternoon was drowning herself in the comforting thighs of her best friend, Christian, while Brenda empathized with her at the far end of her warm feet.

"You have no idea how much it hurts...and you know the worst part of it all?" Maldives asked, raising her head to have a glance at him.

"What???" he asked with a weary face.

"That of all the times, of all the hours in twenty-four the goddamn day has, Regina had to choose the one where that fake ass bitch Hailey was in the same room as Fai and I! You should have seen the peacock's face! That just added insult to the inury!" she snorted unimpressively.

"Well, what were you expecting? That she'd side with you and become 'Judge Lake' on your matter? Definitely not! Not after you 'allegedly' stole her man" Brenda responded.

"I-did-not-steal-her-man!"

"Yeah Hun, hence the word 'allegedly' " Brenda quoted, raising her fingers in the air.
Maldives rolled her eyes at her. "Well, if it makes her feel any better, I don't think I have any man now, so she might as well just have him all to her self" she shrugged off as she remembered the look on Fai's face that day.

She couldn't quite explain it, but something about his gaze that day left her feeling uneasy.

Although, he hadn't out rightly condemned her for the alleged crimes, he also hadn't told her he believed her innocence—nor had he made an effort to reach out to her ever since.